Plumbers in specific, does anyone give a crap any more in general.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Plumbers in specific, does anyone give a crap any more in general.....? #61  
LOL I think you either made my point or I made yours..........

An honest person quotes cost plus margin, same job, same cost without regard to the customer. Maybe cut the widows and orphans a break if you can stand it. If you previously don't like me, don't show up to produce the inflated quote.

Showing up for $80 and producing a bullshit quote is dishonest at best, and theft at worst. You are a solid +1 to my two prior experiences. And, I think you answer the biggest question of my post.......

Nothing you said makes me (and I hope anyone else) want to do business with you.
nor do companies want to do business with customers like you.
Thinking we all should just make enough to get by.
As I stated, I can sit at home and starve, I'll not go work my azz off and still starve.

/ Plumbers in specific, does anyone give a crap any more in general.....? #62  
Unless you own a contracting business with employees it is hard to understand all that is involved regarding overhead and compliance.

Maybe being a CPA would keep overhead low?

/ Plumbers in specific, does anyone give a crap any more in general.....?
nor do companies want to do business with customers like you.
Thinking we all should just make enough to get by.
As I stated, I can sit at home and starve, I'll not go work my azz off and still starve.
eh, I genuinely hope you and the family do well. I would start by making sure your business is not associated with your posts. I do fear from recent interaction the you's may out number the me's in the world, but, the me's are some percentage of your customers.

You've done great proving my point, I don't think I have anything more to ask of you,

Should I ever find myself in Dixie, I will be extra cautious about contractor selection.

For those that say I don't consider all the factors when fussing about extortion from contractors, just one question, would you invite this guy bid your job?

Best,

ed

/ Plumbers in specific, does anyone give a crap any more in general.....? #64  
I have always assumed that cost was passed on to the paying customers. It seems like charging for estimates is a more fair way of doing it, and would help to eliminate tire kickers.
yeah Love those ''tire kickers'' You can waste an entire day with people just wanting a price for something they may, want done next year ! and they want you out for F
eh, I genuinely hope you and the family do well. I would start by making sure your business is not associated with your posts. I do fear from recent interaction the you's may out number the me's in the world, but, the me's are some percentage of your customers.

You've done great proving my point, I don't think I have anything more to ask of you,

Should I ever find myself in Dixie, I will be extra cautious about contractor selection.

For those that say I don't consider all the factors when fussing about extortion from contractors, just one question, would you invite this guy bid your job?

Best,

ed
LMAO I sold my business several years ago. Everyone around here charges for estimates now days. Just for all those that may want some work performed some day, and hear them ***** about the prices !

/ Plumbers in specific, does anyone give a crap any more in general.....?
yeah Love those ''tire kickers'' You can waste an entire day with people just wanting a price for something they may, want done next year ! and they want you out for F

LMAO I sold my business several years ago. Everyone around here charges for estimates now days. Just for all those that may want some work performed some day, and hear them ***** about the prices !
I'll put Dixie back on the list of possible places to live!!

Swore from reading your posts you were still doing business, damn honesty thing is always a hurdle.

Have fun and don't take (or give) any wooden nickles:)

end,

ed

/ Plumbers in specific, does anyone give a crap any more in general.....? #66  
Humans acting like humans is the root problem of the issue. While a GOOD plumber is worth $xx per hour doesn't translate to ALL plumbers being worth $xx per hour. We have tried Angie's list,handyman referall clubs,online reviews and endless other ways to weed out sorry businesses but there's as many as there was at the beginning. Shoddy contractors with a line of BS earn better reviews than good contractors with dry attitudes. I've read rave reviews of contractors that I know firsthand to be sub-par. I've worked for people that insisted I get multiple free bids on every job despite the fact they are clueless when come's to contracts and scopes of work. When questioned on what they wanted from a contractor, the answer is usually lowest price. That attitude forced me into bid rigging because I simply can't vet enough contractors to sustain multiple bids on a dozen jobs per week. If a corporate consumer can't grasp it,how can we expect homeowners to. Write your scope,pay contractors for bids and ask winning contractor to credit bid to invoice and everyone should be pleased.

/ Plumbers in specific, does anyone give a crap any more in general.....? #67  

Some people are suited to doing hair and putting make-up on entertainers while others are better suited supervising a bunch of convicts in jail. I told my kids and grandkids to choose professions they injoy. They did and I hear few complaints from them.
Smartest thing you could do was selling out because you weren't able to handle day to day challenges of dealing with general population without becoming uptight. Some can cut it and some can't but hey that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.