Packaging gone wrong.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #12  
, and it showed up in this box.
well consider the fragility of the sweep and its vulnerability to bending damage. They put in a big enough box with padding so it is unlikely to get all twisted up from manhandling in shipping and it's too big to roll over with a fork truck coz they'd see it.
Odds are they had to replace more than a few of these and finally learned that a bigger box is key.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #13  
I like getting large boxes like that. I use them as a pad when I need to lay on the ground--For getting under a tractor or vehicle. Lots of "stickers" (burs to you yanks) around here.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #14  
JasperFrank - you never mentioned - what was the condition of the door sweep when you got it??? I have large chunks of cardboard stored in my work shop. Do the exact same as Tinhack. No burrs - just don't like lying on the wet grass/cold ground.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #16  
I like getting large boxes like that. I use them as a pad when I need to lay on the ground--For getting under a tractor or vehicle. Lots of "stickers" (burs to you yanks) around here.
Mason Williams even wrote a song about that called "Them Sticker Getters".

/ Packaging gone wrong. #17  
I use the cardboard for targets on my range. Makes a nice backer.
I don't have my pictures transferred to this PC yet so can't post them. However, I use paper plates for targets. I have those spring paper clips attached to my cross rails to hold the plates.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #18  
I don't have my pictures transferred to this PC yet so can't post them. However, I use paper plates for targets. I have those spring paper clips attached to my cross rails to hold the plates.
That's a great idea.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #19  
I had Generac ship me a new engine for a generator. It arrived in a perfectly sized box encased in expanding foam packets. No issue there. Paid reasonable cost of shipping for a heavy object. 2 days later i got a 12”x16” x 12” box from them that weighed nearly nothing, but had a shipping cost of over $16 . It contained 2 regular pieces of stationary about epa requirements on replacement engines…..i mean, they could have been folded and mailed in envelope. After repeated calls and complaints, i never did get reimbursed.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #20  
I am always much happier with excessive packaging over lack there of... I can not tell you how times we have received damaged item do to the lack of packing (either due to experience or lack of concern). We collect old oil / kerosene lamps & I can not tell you how many times we have received damaged / broken 100+ yrs items due to negligent packaging; even from experienced seller & shops. It has gotten so that we now require either a picture of the packaged items or for then to take the item to a professional Pack & Ship place... (Hard to replace 100yr + old items).

On a different note love cardboard, use it under vehicles, paint shields, gun & archery targets, templating... it's free & when I'm done usually still recyclable