Packaging gone wrong.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #1  

JasperFrank

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1220
I kid you not, that I ordered a single 36 inch door sweep, and it showed up in this box. :)

thebigbox.jpg

/ Packaging gone wrong. #3  
It may have been the only box they could get. You know, with all the "supply chain issues". :rolleyes:

/ Packaging gone wrong.
I love getting card board, cause it is so useful for templates and paint masking and other things, but REALLY? This is absurd to a point of being amusing. :)

/ Packaging gone wrong. #5  
I have had 12"x12" boxes filled with bubble wrap to protect a 3" x1/2" electronic component..... not kidding.....

/ Packaging gone wrong. #6  
I have had 12"x12" boxes filled with bubble wrap to protect a 3" x1/2" electronic component..... not kidding.....
I remember a hermetically sealed can containing padding and a Mylar sealed pouch containing: (1)-switch-waterproof. ( This was USAF surplus electronics.)

/ Packaging gone wrong. #7  
I kid you not, that I ordered a single 36 inch door sweep, and it showed up in this box. :)

View attachment 752457
At least you got everything you ordered.

My grille guard box showed up with a hole big enough in it that it lost some of the parts.

Attachments

• PXL_20220701_175036545.jpg
    PXL_20220701_175036545.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 97

/ Packaging gone wrong. #8  
I must have been a cat in a previous life, because I like boxes. :D It seems like no matter how many I have around they always get filled up.

That was a bit of overkill though.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #9  
as a former manager of a shipping dept I see at least three good reasons for this packaging.

1. It was the smallest available box at the time of shipping
2. The company has a policy that boxes look professional and neat while keeping contents safe and secure. This precludes cutting a box to fit the contents.
3. The department was very busy at the time this order came through and it was cheaper and more expedient to use this box and the required amount of packing material than to custom make a box of a more appropriate size.

We should not be so quick to judge or criticize when we do not have all the facts.

/ Packaging gone wrong. #10  
as a former manager of a shipping dept I see at least three good reasons for this packaging.

1. It was the smallest available box at the time of shipping
2. The company has a policy that boxes look professional and neat while keeping contents safe and secure. This precludes cutting a box to fit the contents.
3. The department was very busy at the time this order came through and it was cheaper and more expedient to use this box and the required amount of packing material than to custom make a box of a more appropriate size.

We should not be so quick to judge or criticize when we do not have all the facts.

I don't think he was criticizing......

It was just kind of humorous that a small item came in a large box.