Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #161  
Starlink is just an internet service provider. It doesn’t do anything but provide connectivity.

On Star does things.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #162  
Nope he really means STARLINK.

STARLINK (5G & 6G) is the Elon Musk version of SKYNET - aka the Terminator movies.
Starlink is our near future AI Armageddon shifting to a terminator era. There is an entire discussion on Reddit on how this could play out.

Movies often times are a little ahead of showing glimpses of what is to come.

View attachment 754864
View attachment 754865
View attachment 754866

Yes, your vehicle in the USA can be started from Asia or any other place from Starlink. It could be hacked too.

Who needs a phone to use those monthly fee options, you can just be present to control them.

View attachment 754867
Lol.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #163  
I don't think my Starlink has AI capability. Amazons Alexa is another story. But, she doesn't understand pig latin so I think I'm good. Lol

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #164  
I just read an article a couple days ago that ford was also going to do the same thing. They are getting a lot of pushback. I have an 18 Gmc that the dealer is trying to buy offering 33,500 for it which I thought was good until I looked at 22 model. Same truck is 65,000 now. Guess I’ll keep what I have.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #165  
So reading this I see everything is already in the car. What this means is weather buying it new or used you are definitely paying for those features once at purchase and then they want to take even more from you to use them.

I own a BMW now and it’s the worst car I ever owned. Constantly needs something fixed, check engine light after check engin e light, heated seat on drivers side stopped working properly years ago had to have sunroof disconnected because it opened by itself, seats adjust for no reason, windows have gone down by themselves, bushing after bushing in the suspension, brakes although great when new warp with one hard emergency stop ( multiple times with multiple drivers) transmission shifts like crap just like the first one did, 4 wheel drive actuator made out of cheep plastic and was a 1400 dollar repair at the dealer (3 times it went out) we fixed it ourselves the second two times and installed a machined gear that won’t wear for no reason this time.
Many other things have gone wrong but I can’t remember them all off the top of my head.

So this article has me wondering if all the mysterious things it did were in fact BMW trying to get me to trade it on a new one. Won’t work they won’t ever get our money again!

I would drive a model T everyday rather than give them 1 cent for anything they have!

Janet
Funny... I was driving the Model T today and tomorrow take in the BMW for airbag recall... it's the only new car I have ever bought and part of the reason is I was in Germany at the time...

I really like driving the car and plenty of good Autobahn memories!

That said I can't see buying another...

I have waited YEARS for the airbags to be available... many years and was told not to drive until replaced!

Mom's Toyota also had airbag recall and Toyota got her on the schedule immediately and when she said she does not feel comfortable driving to San Francisco they picked it up and brought it back same day.

Toyota has needed nothing...

BMW has me afraid to lower a window because the regulators self destruct.

I know many that like the car but never again simply on window regulators!

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #166  
Close, 1998 was when they were required. Many had them before then.
Some started early 70's and for many models it was only driver steering wheel airbag...

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #167  
Just read GM,Subaru and others now are going to have a mandatory subscription for;heated seats,remote start ect.Can you imagine!Unreal.In GM's case you are forced to purchase OnStar,no choice rolled into the price.
I was considering a trade,this may be enough for me(and a lot of others) not too.High end luxury
vehicles have had this for a while.
Bought two GM cars (Trax and Trail Blazer) and don't pay for On-star. Where do you get this "forced to purchase" stuff?

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #168  
Some started early 70's and for many models it was only driver steering wheel airbag...
IT became federal mandated law for the 1976 model year and newer, but some of the manufactures already had them in since 72. Bendix Safety Systems was the fore runner back in the day with this being a new technology.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #169  
IT became federal mandated law for the 1976 model year and newer, but some of the manufactures already had them in since 72. Bendix Safety Systems was the fore runner back in the day with this being a new technology.
Are you talking about airbags? Mandated in 1976?

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #170  
This is something I believe Tesla started. All their cars are built with all the same features with the exception of drivetrain, but depending what you pay changes what features you unlock. Its ridiculous.

I'm sure there are hacks that may allow you to access the features on some of the manufacturer's cars... but I'm sure it'll void certain parts of the warranty.