Can all tractors flip over easy?

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #1  
Tractor
I do not have a tractor yet.
I thought about buying an older tractor like an 8N, but then I started reading about them flipping over. I'm sure you can use common sense be pretty safe, but I got to thinking that maybe all tractors could flip? Was looking for advice on safety. I was thinking I probably need a sub compact now because they look safer, but I could be fooling myself.

It for plowing new ground with stumps and roots, mostly the leftover roots.

Edit: I have no experience with tractors, if you couldn't tell.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #2  
I thought about buying an older tractor like an 8N, but then I started reading about them flipping over. I'm sure you can use common sense be pretty safe, but I got to thinking that maybe all tractors could flip? Was looking for advice on safety. I was thinking I probably need a sub compact now because they look safer, but I could be fooling myself.

It for plowing new ground with stumps and roots, mostly the leftover roots.

Edit: I have no experience with tractors, if you couldn't tell.
All tractors can flip. IMO the greatest risk is going back and forth on a hill rather than up and down the hill. I recall the 8N did not come with ROP, I would buy ROP and install. A friend of a friend was bush hogging going up the hill (which is safe compared to back and forth) the bush hog caught a stump, the front end came off the ground and the tractor flipped killing the operator. Always use a seatbelt.

Also be careful around the PTO shaft. It is safest to stay away from the shaft while it is spinning. If you get close to it and it is missing the guard or the guard is spinning your clothes can get tangled and pull you in. I have witnessed an employee get a sleeve tangled in a shaft, NOT on a tractor but in a machine shop.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #3  
Any tractor can flip, but some easier than others. You can do things to reduce the tendency to flip, like filing the wheels with fluid or adding ballast. Things like that can make a big difference. The way you work the tractor can have an effect also. Tractors go straight up and down a slope a lot more safely than traversing the slope sideways. Turning up a hill is less stable than turning down a hill. Going fast on a side hill increases the chance of rolling over. FEL's can be very dangerous to lift very high on hills. Common sense is the the biggest safety factor, and just a small amount of that will keep you safe.

I have two tractors, a 6 year old Branson cabbed 47 hp tractor and a 65 year old Ferguson TO35. I also have some very hilly property. It took me a while to realize this, but I do all my mowing now-a-days with the old Ferguson rather than the comfy air-conditioned Branson as I have found that the Ferguson is considerably more stable on some of the more severe slopes. Both have filled tires. Using that as my only basis, I would say that new Compact utility tractors aren't necessarily less prone to roll overs than old tractors, but I may be wrong.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #4  
even the sub-compacts can flip.

caution and knowledge improves skill

stay safe

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #5  
Flipping is front to back, rolling is side to side.

I have a ferguson To30 and it's not easy to roll because I have the tires flipped, which gives it an abnormally wide stance. Dragging the box blade is fine because the 3pt is mounted below the axle, so if it gets stuck on something the front wheels dig into the ground, rather than coming up.

My oliver industrial 77 is super easy to roll, because it's center of gravity is so damned high. I haven't rolled it, but I can see how it would be easy to do so.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #6  
Hello Learning2tractor, Yes, ANY tractor can roll (so can cars)if you do things badly wrong.
Learn about "Centre-of-Gravity" and how it effects tractors

Things YOU can DO to POSITIVELY affect a tractors stability:ADJUSTABLE RIMS, set them wide, positve "arseometer" feel.
Fill rear tyres with liquid ballast.
Dual rear wheels, gives more width than single rear wheels (no need to dual up the front wheels on compact tractors).
Learn how ballast effects the balance of a tractor, ie heavy brush hog on rear and suitcase weights on front so you can steer properly.
Keep front end loader low to the ground.

Things YOU can DO to NEGATIVELY affect a tractors stability: Drive with loader up high (raises centre of gravity making it easier to roll). (common mistake).
Carry heavy load in loader up high, makes it VERY easy to roll
Carry attatchment on 3 point hitch at maximum height(raises centre of gravity making it easier to roll).
Make sudden sharp turns with raised loader and/or attatchments(INCLUDES FLAT GROUND, not just slopes).

The single most important item is CENTRE OF GRAVITY, learn and understand this and how it affects a tractor and how to keep the C of G INSIDE your wheels.

Lastly this is a psycologically safe(you won't be flamed for ignorance), place to learn as EVERYONE on this forum started out with zero tractor knowledge at some stage, and learned by asking questions and gaining practical experience. In time you will be advising noobs
Good Luck

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #7  
Any tractor can and will hurt you. But those old tractors were prone to doing back flips if chained against something unmovable. A more modern tractor with small wheels has almost no chance of doing that especially with a loader attached.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #8  
I have 80 acres and some pretty steep hillsides. I simply do not go horizontal on steep slopes - common sense. I have my rear tires set at the widest setting and they are filled with Rimguard.

If I ever have to go into or on the steep areas - I go up/down - not horizontal.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #10  
I think the OP is talking about flipping over backwards. Any tractor can do that but I will say a 70yr old 20hp machine is not the machine to plow new ground with.