Valve Stems on my New Tractor

/ Valve Stems on my New Tractor #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
What is the reason for having the valve stems on a brand new tractor to be on the inside? Tractor is a 2022 Massey Ferguson 4707. Dealer says that it rides best with 15 pounds of air in the tires, which is probably true, but I don't like how they bulge, so I raised them to 25 in the front and 20 in the back. I still have some bulge in the back, but it's minimal.

What drives me crazy is getting the air hose to the valve stems. If I park in just the right positing, I can get to it easily enough, but if I park with the tire in the wrong spot, it's almost impossible to get the hose to it.

What am I missing or not understanding?

/ Valve Stems on my New Tractor #2  
You have R1 Radials. Those are meant to run low on pressure, so they provide a lot more traction and aren't as hard. Don't worry about the bulge.

/ Valve Stems on my New Tractor
That's what my dealer told me. I thought all four tires where going flat!!!!

/ Valve Stems on my New Tractor #4  
Regarding the valve stems. When you have rims that can be turned depending on how a person wants-sets the tire width, the valve stems may or may not be on the inside or outside. Just how that is.

Does it really make a difference? In the last 16 years I have needed to put air in my tires 4-5 times at the most.

Get them set how you want them and forget about them for at least a year.

/ Valve Stems on my New Tractor
I put air in them once and I've only had it a month. It wasn't fun.

/ Valve Stems on my New Tractor #6  
Tractor tires can be fliped to make them wider or narrower. How are your set?

if you look at center of hub (where bolts go) there not centered on the wheel. how are yours set?

that being said, you can also simply use floor jack to lift rear end of tractor and rotate tires by hand.

Last edited:
   / Valve Stems on my New Tractor #8  
Or until the ambient temperature changes.
I don't think that for what Eddie does it will make much difference.

I know that I have operated my tractor with the same amount of air at 100* & at 8*. Just a little softer at 8*.
But then I'm not doing the same tasks at those extremes either.

YMMV.

/ Valve Stems on my New Tractor #9  
Maybe you could use paint or something to put a easy to see mark on the tire or rim to indicate where the valve stem is located.
I do not recommend over inflating tires.

/ Valve Stems on my New Tractor #10  
Really! A brand new tractor and those SOB engineers could not figure out they needed to put a valve stem on both sides of the wheel. How dare they make such a grievous error in judgement. Fire them all.

Call the dealer up and demand that the prep man come out and give you the proper amount of air. Damn the operator's manual all to he)). They should have anticipated what you wanted.