Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,001  
Just read an article in Motortrend. Similar to the other stories about having to do a lot of pre trip planning VS just driving an ICE vehicle.
Just enter the destination in Tesla nav and everything is done for you. Every Supercharger stop. Good estimate of how long to charge at each.

B0F8894A-C527-4F65-90FF-3C881399287C.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,003  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,004  
Just read an article in Motortrend. Similar to the other stories about having to do a lot of pre trip planning VS just driving an ICE vehicle. Conclusion was that until charging station network rolls out more stations that are reliable (they encountered several broken charging stations on their trip), “planning, patience, and math is required when taking a road trip in an electric car, but it can be done—even through the middle of nowhere.”

It’s probably not as complicated as planning a bombing run over Germany in WWII, but I’m not big on patience and math. 😛

True. Today I am planning my 1st trip beyond the point of no return

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,005  
Topping it off currently and tested power consumption on a 17 trip back to my charger. With cruise on 45 mph I was hitting 5 miles for each 1 kWh .

Normally I average 3.2 miles of range driving it like it was a Model S Plaid. Princeton Kentucky has 2 free 1772 L2 chargers that I hope are open and working this afternoon/evening while I attend SIL and daughters house warming shower.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,006  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,007  
True but everyone onto EVs wouldn't pass on a free Tesla. :)
Not into EV's but would not pass it up for free. Just like I want SCAR (and many others) but have settled for something I can afford.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,008  
Not into EV's but would not pass it up for free. Just like I want SCAR (and many others) but have settled for something I can afford.
The 2016 Leaf SL is our $13.5K compromise. Our required demand is two 30 mile daily work trips but with a 150 mile range it cuts out most ICE usage.