Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #352  
It costs more in the long run for the car company to have different wiring harnesses for different option levels VS just using the same harness in every vehicle. First, the harnesses are usually made by a supplier, not the car company. The supplier would have to have several different lines for the several different options. They’d have to keep track of stock, store it, sort it, track it, and make sure the labor is assembling the correct amount of harnesses per the order. PER THE ORDER means the car company would have to know how many of which option package they want built in advance. That would require estimation into the future VS just in time manufacturing.

Then once the different option harnesses are delivered to the factory, they have to store them, which requires keeping them separate, and they have to stock them on the assembly line, which would require more space on the line. The car being built would have to be identified as having wiring harness package 1–2-3-etc, and the installer on the line would have to be sure to grab the correct harness.

That’s just the wiring harness.

Think of all the other options on a car.

That’s why they bundle option packages. There’s less tracking involved, less planning, less to screw up in the build process, fewer mistakes = more profit.
Oh I understand the bundle options and why. But to install the heating elements, trim and support for fog lights, brackets, switches and such for other things.
You make some sense but not enough because you don’t know about every supplier and the specifics. Do you know I used to work at a place that makes interior parts for cars, fabric, seats as well as other things.
Falling for the wire harness again! Heard that one before. So they save a couple cents overall but charge you for each wire weather you use it or not. So yes as a matter of fact I would rather you pay the premium to have your options installed and leave my car alone. Your also costing me money by adding wieght and lowering my fuel mileage.

Play your fiddle but in the end everyone pays more, keeps less in thier pocket EXCEPT the car company!

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #353  
Oh I understand the bundle options and why. But to install the heating elements, trim and support for fog lights, brackets, switches and such for other things.
You make some sense but not enough because you don’t know about every supplier and the specifics. Do you know I used to work at a place that makes interior parts for cars, fabric, seats as well as other things.
Falling for the wire harness again! Heard that one before. So they save a couple cents overall but charge you for each wire weather you use it or not. So yes as a matter of fact I would rather you pay the premium to have your options installed and leave my car alone. Your also costing me money by adding wieght and lowering my fuel mileage.

Play your fiddle but in the end everyone pays more, keeps less in thier pocket EXCEPT the car company!

Janet
First, you keep saying “your” when it’s “you’re” as in “you are”.

Second, “I’m” not doing anything to “you”.

;)

I only buy used cars, and do not like the subscription model. I understand the subscription model. I don’t like it. However, in the future, to get options that I want on a vehicle to work, I may have to pay a subscription or do without.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #354  
Where would people draw the line? AC? Intermittent wipers? Rear window anti-fog, High beams? None of these are required features of cars.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #355  
Unlike Onstar and GPS mapping, most of these features don’t require internet access. Likely, someone will sell the capability for a plug in hardware bypass in lieu of the need for a subscription.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #356  
Unlike Onstar and GPS mapping, most of these features don’t require internet access. Likely, someone will sell the capability for a plug in hardware bypass in lieu of the need for a subscription.
Yep, and plugging it in voids your warranty... :ROFLMAO:

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #357  
First, you keep saying “your” when it’s “you’re” as in “you are”.

Second, “I’m” not doing anything to “you”.

;)

I only buy used cars, and do not like the subscription model. I understand the subscription model. I don’t like it. However, in the future, to get options that I want on a vehicle to work, I may have to pay a subscription or do without.
Don’t know why it quoted you, that wasn’t what I was trying to do?

As far as your grammar and spelling lessons. Well I think you know what you can do with them, or do I really have to be as rude as you?:D

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #358  
Where would people draw the line? AC? Intermittent wipers? Rear window anti-fog, High beams?
The line would be just shy of the complaint line. In other words, the companies would keep chiseling away 'till the ruckus raised was bad enough...........

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #359  
Don’t know why it quoted you, that wasn’t what I was trying to do?

As far as your grammar and spelling lessons. Well I think you know what you can do with them, or do I really have to be as rude as you?:D

Janet
Should have been a comma after "Well"... 🤓