CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #1  

Raboo

Tractor
Cub Cadet/ps-sv720-0010
Kolher 23 hp PS-SV720-0010 backfires when shut off.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #2  
Little electric solenoid on carb for anti back fire. May be un plugged.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #3  
Typically that means you need to adjust the carb to the changes in the engine.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #4  
The head gasket change due to removing the intake manifold could cause a small change in the position of the carb linkages. may need to reset the governor static adjustment, or make adjustments to the throttle control system. Also Kohler engines need to be shut off at a speed that is at least half throttle due to the nature of their carb fuel flow. Anti fire solenoid doesn't shut off fuel flow to the idle circuit of the carb.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #5  
following

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off.
The head gasket change due to removing the intake manifold could cause a small change in the position of the carb linkages. may need to reset the governor static adjustment, or make adjustments to the throttle control system. Also Kohler engines need to be shut off at a speed that is at least half throttle due to the nature of their carb fuel flow. Anti fire solenoid doesn't shut off fuel flow to the idle circuit of the carb.
There were two springs that were attached to the governor linkage one long and one short that came off during repair. I’m pretty sure I’ve got the long one in the right position but not sure about the short one. The throttle cable and choke cables have not been moved from there original positions but engine idle is too high where lever is in slow position. Is there a diagram of the springs and linkage positions?

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off.
Little electric solenoid on carb for anti back fire. May be un plugged.
I know that it is plugged up because I double checked it before I zip tied the wires to the intake manifold. Thanks

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #8  
I know that it is plugged up because I double checked it before I zip tied the wires to the intake manifold. Thanks
There's a little cover on some, under the flywheel. If the gasket gets bad, it can get air and also cause that problem.

/ CubCadet Lt1050 Backfires when shut off. Just replaced head gaskets and now the engine runs a little fast at low speed idle and backfires at shut off. #9  
Lets see if this helps

1659353877174.png

Thanks for the diagram. This is great.