New Gooseneck

/ New Gooseneck
Very Nice trailer

Bet he gets 10 years out of it before buying some wood.
I like wood decks, Slipped and fell on a metal deck once, it hurt. Then again if a person orders diamond plate, falling chance is reduced.
My car hauler has diamond plate and I have slipped on that when it's wet.
When it is wet anything is slippery.
Wood, use your common sense especially when it gets frosty out.

/ New Gooseneck #15  
Very Nice trailer

Bet he gets 10 years out of it before buying some wood.
I like wood decks, Slipped and fell on a metal deck once, it hurt. Then again if a person orders diamond plate, falling chance is reduced.

My deckover is 9-10 years old wood is still in good shape. I’m probably going to treat it this fall.

/ New Gooseneck #16  
I'm considering buying a new gooseneck. This is the model I'm looking at. GOOSENECK 259 LO PROFILE HEAVY DUTY

I would get the "35 + 5" model with the monster ramps. I priced a 27+5 model and the 35+5 is about $1500 more. But, my local dealer doesn't have the 35+5 in stock and he said 8-12 weeks lead time.

/ New Gooseneck #17  
I'm considering buying a new gooseneck. This is the model I'm looking at. GOOSENECK 259 LO PROFILE HEAVY DUTY

I would get the "35 + 5" model with the monster ramps. I priced a 27+5 model and the 35+5 is about $1500 more. But, my local dealer doesn't have the 35+5 in stock and he said 8-12 weeks lead time.
35+5 is a lot of trailer to get in and out of places, I have a 25+5 and at times I would love to have one a little smaller to get in tight places, not being a smart alleck but do you need one that big? Or just want one that big? 😄

/ New Gooseneck #18  
35+5 is a lot of trailer to get in and out of places, I have a 25+5 and at times I would love to have one a little smaller to get in tight places, not being a smart alleck but do you need one that big? Or just want one that big? 😄
There are a few times that I would like to haul a tractor, topdresser, and a skid steer in one load.
Lately we have been taking 2 trucks and trailers to most jobs. Just today I burned $200 of fuel in my truck pulling my 28' gooseneck, and the other truck was on the job too with a borrowed 27+5 trailer.

My employee says he is comfortable pulling any length trailer I would get.

Anyway, I appreciate your input. Thanks.

/ New Gooseneck #19  
There are a few times that I would like to haul a tractor, topdresser, and a skid steer in one load.
Lately we have been taking 2 trucks and trailers to most jobs. Just today I burned $200 of fuel in my truck pulling my 28' gooseneck, and the other truck was on the job too with a borrowed 27+5 trailer.

My employee says he is comfortable pulling any length trailer I would get.

Anyway, I appreciate your input. Thanks.
10-4 I don't blame you on wanting to haul as much as possible with fuel prices what they are and as long as you have the room to get it into places no problem, what I have found is a lot of driveways have a nice 16' gate no problem except there is little to no setback off of the road and it's literally impossible to get a long gooseneck in , sometimes I just use my 20' bumper pull in those cases as it follows the truck better in a tight driveway, but it in no way handles the load or rides as good as the gooseneck does.

/ New Gooseneck
10-4 I don't blame you on wanting to haul as much as possible with fuel prices what they are and as long as you have the room to get it into places no problem, what I have found is a lot of driveways have a nice 16' gate no problem except there is little to no setback off of the road and it's literally impossible to get a long gooseneck in , sometimes I just use my 20' bumper pull in those cases as it follows the truck better in a tight driveway, but it in no way handles the load or rides as good as the gooseneck does.
That's the truth.
I just had to widen my driveway opening to allow the swing of the gooseneck. What makes it bad is I am at the top of the arch in the curve in the road and the road drops drastically with no shoulder. Can't swing wide to make my turn or I will be in a ditch.