Pasture restoration Citidiot style

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #1  

MinnesotaMorg

Silver Member
Tractor
Deutz Fahr 6130ttv
I am starting this a little late. But I have started my attempt at fixing my pasture. I shredded some buckthorn a few weeks ago, took a break while my brush cutter was being swapped out - and now today I mowed a bunch of thistle. The videos have vulgar language I can't help myself sometimes.

1659399338841.png

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #2  
Ive never seen thistle that tall. Good thing you had trees for landmarks!

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #3  
I’ve got a video out there somewhere where I stand on the steel canopy on my PT425, and have to reach up to pull the thistle down to me. The canopy is 5’6”, and I can reach 8’, so that’s over 13’6” tall thistle. Good soil + good water = good thistle. 🙃

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #4  
I kept expecting to see a pheasant or two flush. They like to run, but that is usually only during hunting season. :)

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style
yeah I'm just trying to clear out as much as I can before I have the dozer come in and smooth it out. Maybe this is all for nothing but I imagine the less he has to deal with the less time it will take to smooth.

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #6  
I'm not familiar with thistle, but it looks pretty thick and difficult to deal with. I thought I had all the problem weeds known to man on my place, I guess there are more out there then I knew about!!!

Last edited:
   / Pasture restoration Citidiot style #7  
If you cut it when it’s wet, it makes a watery mess. If you cut it when it’s dry, it makes a dusty mess. I’d rather deal with the watery mess than the dry stuff that plugs the hydraulic cooler, and my nose and lungs. 😮‍💨

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #8  
Mowing the dusty junk sure makes that cab worthwhile. (y)

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #9  
I
Mowing the dusty junk sure makes that cab worthwhile. (y)
Agreed for field use, snow removal, etc. In my woods, not so much. The glass tends to get cracked, and the mirrors tend to get ripped off.

Good excuse for two tractors for everyone! (y) (y)

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #10  
Loader down near ground- excellent technique (y) Just keep the bucket lip curled upward (if it’s attached) ;)
I like reversing when cutting around trees in new fields. People tend to discard junk near them and limbs tend to fall and get hidden in tall grass.