They are boostering the State Fair being held this week

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
I'll pass.
I never liked those events. Don't like the stuff they sell, don't like the food, don't like the rides, don't like the booths and I am very uncomfortable around crowds.
Do you like state fairs? Why?

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #2  
I used to enjoy fairs, but it seems as I get older I'm more averse to crowds which has had quite an effect on me.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #3  
Ours starts this week. The only reason I go is to help out at the Farm Bureau and local historical society booths.

Like you, I don't care for everything else associated with county fairs.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #4  
I like it! I had not been for years... Until I picked up a few old tractors and joined an antique tractor club with some friends. Now I like the fair because we take a selection of old tractors and everyone walks by and talks about their Dad's / Uncle's / Grampa's tractor that was just like "that one". So, in our little spot of the fair (next to the 4H sheep), it has become more of a tractor show for me, which is why I like it...

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #5  
I have been to the Ohio state fair and did not like it either. But our local county fair is awesome. Much more earthy, and agricultural. There is plenty of food to choose from - the typical fried stuff but also a bunch of 'healthier/better' options. Crowds are there, but can be avoided if desired as there is plenty of space. Rides are there too, but almost a secondary thing to all the animals, machinery, food, and events. The 4-H part of the fair is Huge with kids showing and selling all sorts of livestock.

It is the 2nd largest fair in the state and rivals the state fair. It is one of several really great things about our area!

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #6  
I used to go when I was young. But now, it is too many people, too expensive, too dusty, too HOT and after all that, somewhat boring.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #7  
Used to like the Ohio State Fair when I was young. Have not gone in many many years.
We have a good county fair we go to.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #8  
I don't care for most of the commercial exhibits, but love fair food and the 4-H livestock show. The Fisher Scone booth is my very favorite, and never leave without having at least one elephant ear, AKA fry bread. Many years ago I was a 4-H kid and staying with my animal at the fair for 10 days was great fun, mostly because the 4-H girls were there overnight too. ;)

A lot of the old state fair rural vitality has died away. They used to have a racetrack that has closed and been torn down. When I was in my 20s I dated a girl whose family raised thoroughbreds, and I have a good eye for livestock. She would handicap and I would watch the exercise paddock looking for a horse that seemed ready to run. We put a $2 bet on every race, would cheer every finish, drink beer all day, and leave with as much money as we came with. Great memories, but that world is gone now.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #9  
I LOVE THE FALL FAIRS

I hang around with all the animals, and people. Fascinating events,with mini donuts too. :)

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #10  
Do you like state fairs? Why?
Deep fried Snickers!

But seriously, our kids were in 4H and the both entered numerous projects in the local county fair and many of their entries won 1st place. The winners go to the State Fair. So, we went to the state fair to see their projects. See all the other projects. Admire the hard work and effort the other kids around the state put in. Then:
See the world‘s biggest pig.
Ride some rides.
Eat some funnel cakes.
Have some fun.