plain water in tires.

/ plain water in tires.
Without doing any research...I'm pretty sure anodes (galvanization) works in the presence electricity...(electrolysis)...
Yes the anode turns the whole thing into a battery where one side is positive and the other negative. The anode is losing electrons not the steel.

/ plain water in tires. #13  

/ plain water in tires. #14  
Plain water won’t rust out your rims. If you fill your tires 3/4 full of water, there’s only 1/4 exposed to air. And that’s only as long as it’s sitting. Then, figure in there’s only so much oxygen dissolved in that water. Once it’s used up, it’s gone, so no further rusting.

No anode needed.

/ plain water in tires. #15  
Water is probably fine if you live in a warm climate. But adding antifreeze even at a 30 percent mix could get costly.

/ plain water in tires. #16  
Been running just H2O in my rear tires & slime in the front.

/ plain water in tires. #17  
I have no choice if I wanted to add fluid to my tires. It had to be something with anti-freeze properties. I choose Rimguard. At the time - it probably added about $400 to the price of my brand new M6040.

I have 775# of Rimguard in each rear tire.

Weather it's Rimguard, RV antifreeze or some other product - each rear tire weighs over 1000 pounds. This puts any futzing with a rear tire beyond a DIY project for me.

/ plain water in tires.
So it might work because there is an electrolyte in the tires The problem with all those Dry Air anode efforts (Like on vehicle bodies and frames) is the absence of an electrolyte.

/ plain water in tires. #19  
So it might work because there is an electrolyte in the tires The problem with all those Dry Air anode efforts (Like on vehicle bodies and frames) is the absence of an electrolyte.
Right. Boat sits in water. Car sits in air.