Small towable graders?

/ Small towable graders? #21  
This is why I asked. Alot of knowledge on here. Don't want to spend a grand if it won't work.

Was looking for something to tow behind sxs so it's "free floating" if you will. Like what was mentioned, 3 point just follows the tractor
Bolt some tires together and drag them. That will smooth things.

/ Small towable graders? #22  
Like what was mentioned, 3 point just follows the tractor
If you drop the 3pt attachment all the way down and have it adjusted correctly it dosnt just follow what the tractor does. It will take time but you can fill in the low areas with something like a box blade. If your getting alot of pot holes you really need to rip up the whole road surface and smooth it out.

If you have alot of gravel migration you may need something to move that stone back into the vehicle tracks after its ripped up. Almost all good road repair start with dropping ripper shanks and ripping the road bed up first.

/ Small towable graders?
If you drop the 3pt attachment all the way down and have it adjusted correctly it dosnt just follow what the tractor does. It will take time but you can fill in the low areas with something like a box blade. If your getting alot of pot holes you really need to rip up the whole road surface and smooth it out.

If you have alot of gravel migration you may need something to move that stone back into the vehicle tracks after its ripped up. Almost all good road repair start with dropping ripper shanks and ripping the road bed up first.
I'll try the 3 point thing.

I do have 1 section that has to be replaced. Unfortunately, I've been trying to fix our dump truck. For some reason, this winter, mice totally destroyed just about every wire in it. Never had a problem before. Tried looking around for a decent 5 ton dump (minimum) but dang, just like anything nowadays, pretty pricy

/ Small towable graders? #24  
I have about 400 feet of 3/4 inch well packet gravel drive way and it been dressed maybe 3-4 times in last 4-5 years with my light tractor (MF GC 1715) using only home made harrow, key to thing is how you use drive way, once you have all the humps and hollows smoothed out you may or may not need "grader/blade", do not drive hard of fast on surface.... My main problem is with my drive way is we have nephew staying with us for a while and he does not understand or to mind blocked to understand how to drive on gravel... The key to the thing is keep it maintained, once you determent it needs "minor" dressing just do it, don't wait to you need to buy big expensive grader blade that will sit for a long time and nature will try to turn it to rust....

/ Small towable graders? #25  
I'll try the 3 point thing.

I do have 1 section that has to be replaced. Unfortunately, I've been trying to fix our dump truck. For some reason, this winter, mice totally destroyed just about every wire in it. Never had a problem before. Tried looking around for a decent 5 ton dump (minimum) but dang, just like anything nowadays, pretty pricy
IF truck stays on property just repair/replace enough wiring to run basic ignition/charging system and not worry about the rest.... Mice/rat chewed wiring is probably caused by insulation that is made from SOY bases materials.... Automotive industry when to a lot of SOY bases materials for automotive wiring insulation because it was cheaper,... We live in foot hills of California and rat/mice chewed wiring is common problem... Lots of disgruntled people when they find out their $40,00 car need $5,000 to $8,000 for parts (replacement harnesses) and labor because autos industry try to sac 5 cents on cost of wire (Subaru got hit with "class action" suit because of this)...... . Driving around you see lots of cars parked with hoods propped up, rats/mice like secure enclosed environments to eat and nest, propping hood open removes the secure environment...

/ Small towable graders?
One thing I didn't think about was we had property logged. Those tandem trailers are heavy

/ Small towable graders?
IF truck stays on property just repair/replace enough wiring to run basic ignition/charging system and not worry about the rest.... Mice/rat chewed wiring is probably caused by insulation that is made from SOY bases materials.... Automotive industry when to a lot of SOY bases materials for automotive wiring insulation because it was cheaper,... We live in foot hills of California and rat/mice chewed wiring is common problem... Lots of disgruntled people when they find out their $40,00 car need $5,000 to $8,000 for parts (replacement harnesses) and labor because autos industry try to sac 5 cents on cost of wire (Subaru got hit with "class action" suit because of this)...... . Driving around you see lots of cars parked with hoods propped up, rats/mice like secure enclosed environments to eat and nest, propping hood open removes the secure environment...
Problem is the gravel yard we get gravel from is only a couple miles down the road but they follow strict DOT rules. I got it to start and charge. Dump isn't working yet along with lights and anything on dash

/ Small towable graders?
We decided to just get the dump truck operational for the property. Pay someone to drop gravel. Save the 15-20 grand. Hate doing it but it is what it is

/ Small towable graders? #29  
I grade my 1200 foot driveway with a farmall cub with the plow mounted in the middle of the machine just like a road grader. It works great

/ Small towable graders? #30  
We got a land plane with ripper teeth. Before that we had an awful time with our driveway. Lots of time and full days spent working on it.
Now instead of full days spent with a box blade or just the loader, we put the land plane on and are done in no time at all. Once you have it right with the land plane it is easy to maintain. We simply make a few cleanup passes at end of winter and again before the freeze on days there is just a little dampness but not too wet.

Janet