Glow plugs

/ Glow plugs #1  

Justin1970

Tractor
Yanmar
Hello, new guy here.
I have a Mahindra emax 22 with about 55 hours on it. When I first bought the tractor I noticed the glow plug light was not working. Although the fuse was not blown, I swapped it anyway and got it to work. However, now if you turn the key to the left (counter clockwise) the light will stay on as long as you're holding the key. If you turn the key to the right and put it in the ON position with the engine off, the glow plug light will turn on and after a few seconds it'll turn off. I wasn't given a manual with this tractor but I was under the impression you first turn the key to the left to warm the plugs and then right to start. If this is the case and there's an issue with the glow plug lights, where would I look to fix that? Is there a relay somewhere? I tested the glow plugs with a test light and all illuminated with the key in the on position. I haven't had any issues starting it, just want to make sure everything is good before I really start working this thing. Thank you

/ Glow plugs #2  
Hello, new guy here.
I have a Mahindra emax 22 with about 55 hours on it. When I first bought the tractor I noticed the glow plug light was not working. Although the fuse was not blown, I swapped it anyway and got it to work. However, now if you turn the key to the left (counter clockwise) the light will stay on as long as you're holding the key. If you turn the key to the right and put it in the ON position with the engine off, the glow plug light will turn on and after a few seconds it'll turn off. I wasn't given a manual with this tractor but I was under the impression you first turn the key to the left to warm the plugs and then right to start. If this is the case and there's an issue with the glow plug lights, where would I look to fix that? Is there a relay somewhere? I tested the glow plugs with a test light and all illuminated with the key in the on position. I haven't had any issues starting it, just want to make sure everything is good before I really start working this thing. Thank you
Hi Justin. I have the eMax 25 cab, 2017. Correct that the plugs light with left turn holding the key. Right turn should light them also. Mine stays on for up to 30 seconds. Depending on the year and which ECU it has, mine originally would not light with right turn if the engine was very warm/hot which in most cases was fine. Last fall had a short at the glow plug relay which destroyed the ECU. New ECU was programmed by Mahindra after my dealer installed it and now the glow plugs cycle every time I start it.

/ Glow plugs
Hi Justin. I have the eMax 25 cab, 2017. Correct that the plugs light with left turn holding the key. Right turn should light them also. Mine stays on for up to 30 seconds. Depending on the year and which ECU it has, mine originally would not light with right turn if the engine was very warm/hot which in most cases was fine. Last fall had a short at the glow plug relay which destroyed the ECU. New ECU was programmed by Mahindra after my dealer installed it and now the glow plugs cycle every time I start it.
So when you turn it to the left they stay on for up to 30 seconds? Thank you for your reply.

/ Glow plugs #4  
So when you turn it to the left they stay on for up to 30 seconds? Thank you for your reply.
Ya know Justin, I have only turned it left a couple times. If you right turn to start it will cycle the plugs again. So to answer whether it times out if ya hold it left....I dunno🤤. There are folks on this board that know and may chime in....guess I could look in the manual.....lol

Joe

/ Glow plugs #5  
Not sure for your brand but with most tractors left is a manual position to command glow plugs on. Right is engine temp sensor driven cycle. If engine or outside temp is warm your indicator may not come on as preheat is not needed per sensors.