Sourcing a 2" hose

/ Sourcing a 2" hose #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
This is the problem to have I guess.

I need a hose about 50 feet long and about 2” diameter.

That part’s easy.

The hard part is (A) it’s gotta be very flexible (think Pool Vacuum hose) and (B) it can not be made from regrinds because it’ll be flexing 24-7 and pool hoses are made from regrinds these days and they all break after a few days.

I can get food-grade virgin plastic hoses, but they are nowhere near as flexible as I need.

I can get flat cloth and rubber hoses but they kink when they flex They make fine discharge hoses but don’t work for my purpose.

I used to use pool hoses and years ago they were made from virgin plastic so they’d last year after year, but no more.

I have some PVC hose that is pretty flexible and has a spiral steel wire molded into it for strength. I’m going to try it but I don’t like the idea of the wire. If it breaks I’ll have that sharp wire whipping all over the place. The damage could run to 4- thousand dollars.

Got any ideas?

/ Sourcing a 2" hose #2  
What about something like this, 2" poly: https://www.princessauto.com/en/poly-suction-hoses/product/PA1000001572?skuId=5770101 this one is a premade length but you can get it any length you want and get the camlock separate.
I use this one, 2" x 20' with the male and female camlock for filling my 1100L water tank on my trailer to fill my daughters well. It's quite flexible as it'll bend up inside my trailer which is 4' wide and could probably go down to 3' if it had to. It's tough as I have to drag it across asphalt at the pumping station which I've been doing now 3 years with no sign of degradation ... .....M

/ Sourcing a 2" hose #3  
Mcmaster-Carr;

Page 151 of thier current catalog; clear PVC hose reinforced clear tubing #52375K21 2" flexible hose maximum pressure 75PSIG @ 72 degrees Fahrenheit
$8.91 per foot plus tax and shipping from thier warehouse in N.J.

/ Sourcing a 2" hose #5  
The only other thing that would be anywhere near what you want is single wire reinforced 2-inch hydraulic suction line hose

54595K42 $12.05 per foot plus shipping and tax

or

McMaster-Carr
2-inch discharge water hose
45845K3 $6.95 per foot plus fittings

/ Sourcing a 2" hose #6  
Have you checked these guys out?

/ Sourcing a 2" hose
   / Sourcing a 2" hose #10  
I thought you needed hose that was that durable and collapse resistant but if the other hose works great.

I take it you are sucking out bilge/waste tanks???