Have trailer prices started to drop in your area?

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #21  
I havent seen prices start to drop yet.

Been looking since right around the time c19 hit for a new trailer.

Watched the prices for what I want go from $6000-$8000 range up to $10,000-$13000 for the same trailers.

And guys that have 5-6 year old trailers in average condition for the age are wanting new price.

Needless to say I am still without a new trailer yet. Keep waiting on the market to bust. If material cost is back down thats good. They gonna keep making and selling at higher prices until they cant. Then they will start lowering prices to start moving volume again... Might take a few months or a few years. But over the last year or two.....hardly any "equipment" type trailers setting on lots. Pandemic had "Everyone" with a "truck" buying a trailer to start their own business. Landscape, construction, hot-shot, etc. But I am seeing more and more trailers on lots now.....Supply and demand. There was short supply and high demand. Now the demand is lessening, supply increasing, and material cost coming down......sounds to me like reducing prices in the near future
Its already starting a little around here. Local dealer dropped their large dump trailers from $20,900 to $19,500.
Construction is going to die a painful death this summer, then it’s the lumber & millwork yards, then it’ll be construction equipment, like trailers.
This fall winter oughta look like the beginnings of a full blown economic catastrophe.
THEN prices will be more attractive.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #22  
Wait about 6 more months, after the food shortage and crazy food prices hit and interest rates are 8%. You‘ll be able to buy anything you want cheap (if it’s available). People won’t have any income left for anything other than housing, food and fuel.

I'm already starting to notice this, discretionary spending is coming to a halt in many families that are living Paycheck2Paycheck. Those trailers will stay stacked up because, do I REALLY NEED a trailer, maybe not. Especially if my family is struggling to put food on the table and gas in the tank.

Not that many years ago I was one of those families that this inflation would have crushed, I feel for those folks right now, no doubt guys on this site are in that spot.

I remember several years ago (2007ish) gas was around $4 a gallon and at one point propane was nearing $4 a gallon. I traded all of my gas guzzlers for a small economy sedan that got good gas mileage. I bought electric heaters to defray my propane bill.

We're living in some very unstable times, spend you money on things that can put food on the table. I think it may get worse before it gets better, really hope I'm wrong about that.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #23  
I'm already starting to notice this, discretionary spending is coming to a halt in many families that are living Paycheck2Paycheck. Those trailers will stay stacked up because, do I REALLY NEED a trailer, maybe not. Especially if my family is struggling to put food on the table and gas in the tank.

Not that many years ago I was one of those families that this inflation would have crushed, I feel for those folks right now, no doubt guys on this site are in that spot.

I remember several years ago (2007ish) gas was around $4 a gallon and at one point propane was nearing $4 a gallon. I traded all of my gas guzzlers for a small economy sedan that got good gas mileage. I bought electric heaters to defray my propane bill.

We're living in some very unstable times, spend you money on things that can put food on the table. I think it may get worse before it gets better, really hope I'm wrong about that.
Maybe there will be a special program to place trailers with those needing trailers?

Seems we have programs for just about everything else...

Neighbor has very clean pass smog 2000 Mercedes 320 sedan...

Instrument cluster stopped working and considering selling to the State cash for clunkers... zero rust and good rubber.

3 to 4k estimate to repair

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #24  
Ultrarunner, If you don't find a need or use for that trailer - I sure can/could and would buy it from you if you want to move it along. Greg

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #25  
Ultrarunner, If you don't find a need or use for that trailer - I sure can/could and would buy it from you if you want to move it along. Greg
My brother already said I could store it at his place if he could use it for hay runs…

Kind of figured that would happen as it’s too much work unloading and stacking if one could leave the hay on the trailer and pull flakes as needed.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #26  
My son wants a new trailer for his utv but costs are sky high here, double from 3 yrs ago.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #27  
Yes… very much so and those Craigslist Deals always seem to be gone…

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #29  
   / Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #30  
In the last 2 weeks I was in the market for a 10k-14k equipment trailer. I scoured the used market within 3hrs drive and prob contacted no less than 25 people selling trailers that would work for me. I came to the conclusion that there one of two things. Junk or overpriced, some times both. I dont mind bent ramps, mashed up fenders, scratched paint or rotted tires. How ever I wont pay $1500 less than new for a 20yr old trailer on mobile home axles. One trailer I looked at needed $1500 in parts alone but that dosnt include all the rust repair needed either.

I ended up putting s down payment on getting a new trailer built. Should be ready for pickup in 5 weeks and actualy cost less than some used ones. I'm buying it directly from the manufacturer so no dealer costs.

Appalachian trailer out of PA. There prices are right on there website, built in OH and actualy awnser the phone.