Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review #11  
Nice, simple and just works. No frame in the way either.

Most hooks will actually latch it self once the ball sits in the hook, but I've noticed some brands are a bit more stubborn and need to be manually locked. Still no big deal at all.

The top link with the hook makes for the complete combo. How have you been like it so far, Lou?
It is a very good hitching system. When I first got the tractor I actually put a quick hitch on the tractor.
I was never really satisfied with the quick hitch, so I decided I'd try the hooks.
I liked the hooks much better but I was still using my older hydraulic toplink a conventional one.
It was often a pain to get the toplink the correct length to hookup and I can actually raise and lower the lift arms from the rear of the tractor but it often was a pain, having to go around and open the door reach up and tweak the hydraulic then check the length again.
Once I broke down and bought the hooked hydraulic top link I don't believe there is a better system out there.
I did break down and purchase several sets of the balls for the implements $$$.
As you mentioned with no frame in the way the PTO is much easier to access both hooking up and unhooking.

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review #12  
It is a very good hitching system. When I first got the tractor I actually put a quick hitch on the tractor.
I was never really satisfied with the quick hitch, so I decided I'd try the hooks.
I liked the hooks much better but I was still using my older hydraulic toplink a conventional one.
It was often a pain to get the toplink the correct length to hookup and I can actually raise and lower the lift arms from the rear of the tractor but it often was a pain, having to go around and open the door reach up and tweak the hydraulic then check the length again.
Once I broke down and bought the hooked hydraulic top link I don't believe there is a better system out there.
I did break down and purchase several sets of the balls for the implements $$$.
As you mentioned with no frame in the way the PTO is much easier to access both hooking up and unhooking.
I was going to say that I would get a top link hook weld on end if I could catch one on sale but I just learned that they don't make Cat 1 hooks unfortunately.

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review #13  

Attachments

• _ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg
    _ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 63
   / Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review #14  
We use the Land Pride QH15 it’s easy to use and has none of these issues the cheap ones have

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review #15  
And yet it is a deviation from the "standard" which makes it with its own set of problems....
To my knowledge, Speeco pretty much pioneered the traditional quick hitch, and I've never heard of it being any sort of deviation. It fits the same as their traditional quick hitch, which requires bushings, only the E Hitch does not require bushings.
Travis

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review
Tractor supply has cat cat 2 draft pins that are bigger than the standard cat 1, but smaller than with the quick hitch bushings. I think it will solve the issue I had with the hitch not releasing the implements

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review #17  
Tractor supply has cat cat 2 draft pins that are bigger than the standard cat 1, but smaller than with the quick hitch bushings. I think it will solve the issue I had with the hitch not releasing the implements
Might try repairing/modifying QH to work properly instead of having to change pins on or modifying all your implements...

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review
Might try repairing/modifying QH to work properly instead of having to change pins on or modifying all your implements...
If I only had one tractor, I’d definitely go that route. I have many and this one will only be used to cut grass or rototill, so swapping pins for $40 is the fastest way to keep working. 🤓

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review #19  
Would it be possible to just grind a little bit off of the top corner of the latch so that the busing will slip out? That seems to be the only thing that is making it hard to disconnect.
Leave the bottom portion as is and it should still hold fine when in the locked position.

/ Titan Attachments Quick Hitch Initial Review #20  
If I only had one tractor, I’d definitely go that route. I have many and this one will only be used to cut grass or rototill, so swapping pins for $40 is the fastest way to keep working. 🤓
I happen to love quick hitches. My first tractor had one that came with it, so I learned how convenient it is to hook up. I bought one for the other 6 tractors I have owned, but it was because of their value to me.

I have bought more Cat 1 QH than anything else. What I learned is that I would always want to buy the heaviest one because my experience is that weight determines quality. And yes, I once bent a cheap chineseium hitch and had to repair by adding more steel at the weak points. The best I owned was Speeco that I bought from TSC over 20 years ago.

To be honest, I don't have that many purchased attachments - maximum of 3 in any Category, although I have made some of my own attachments that don't count. It is worth it to me to go to TSC to buy lower pin replacements to match the lower QH hooks. For one instance, I bought the pin adapter sleeves and welded them to the pin - that still works today. Nowhere near $40. The biggest issue I encounter is the top QH hook. It shocks me that so many manufacturers do not design for QH, when there would be no extra cost to make it designed for either a QH or simple toplink.

I modified my attachments to allow the hook to come under a pin and lift. For one, I used a bolt with a TSC sleeve so the left and right bits could be bolted tightly with enough space between for the QH hook. For one mower, I shortened the steel bars to move the top connection backward so that the QH continued to stand pretty close to vertical because I don't like changing the toplink length with each attachment.