Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,321  
BEF, I'm beginning to believe you're related to our local weathermen the way you've changed your high report. :ROFLMAO:

Hey, that extra .5° is critical to life as we know it. Don’t you follow those global climate nut jobs.

Sorry for your internet woes.

I’m not impressed with starlink customer service, there just isn’t any. No way to contact anyone. I’m trying to cancel my home system deposit since I got the RV version. Seems to be no way to cancel despite their claims. They say click the cancel link, only there’s no link there.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,322  
Morning all, nice and cool 71 with rain, going up to 88.
Got some work done yesterday outside but mostly just cleanup.
Lots of deer around, counted 8 this morning in the front yard.
Got to upload pic of Drew's gifted veggies in action.

Roy- sorry to hear the wife tripped and hope it's only a minor strain

Stay safe and be well,
20220811_063909.jpg

20220810_193734.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #154,323  
Happy Anniversary popgadget.

there’s a fine line between imagination and eating the wrong mushrooms.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,325  
Rip, I figured you was getting a lot of rain yesterday, it went down below DC.

Roy, hope wife heals quickly.
I don’t care for any mushrooms, definitely not the wrong ones.

Wife had to recan 1 jar of beans that didn’t seal, and had enough beans for 2 more qts.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,326  
Good Morning!!!! 67F @ 4:30AM. Abundant sunshine. High 97F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
We'll be back in the hundreds for the weekend and next week.

Thought I'd open up the sliding doors and let some of the cool air in, but the neighbor's dog's barking is keeping me awake. Sounds like it's back on the A/C if I want to catch any more beauty rest.

I got the same run around from HughesNet when I complained about slow speeds, Billy. They said my modem was obsolete, and wanted to sell me a new one. And start a new 24 month contract, too. Instead, Starlink finally delivered a dish, and I changed HughesNet to a minimum data plan to use as a backup if Starlink, like every other internet plan I've ever used, also got the low speed blues.

Got cable pulled in another 400' of conduit yesterday. Would have been 500', but I forgot to put a coupler on and had to pull the wire back out of one section. Might finish pulling wire today if I can get an early enough start.

A house fire while I was in Chico yesterday almost shut down the freeway because of the smoke. Thankfully, most people had sense enough to slow down and get safely through. I read later that it was an attic fire, but no cause was given.

Seems like we get word of yet another wildfire almost every day now. The latest is another lightning complex of six fires northwest of here. So far there's been no smoke drifting this way, and I hope it stays that way.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,327  
I don’t care for any mushrooms, definitely not the wrong ones.
Oh...they were happy 'shrooms!!

I like grilled Portobello mushrooms...not much of a meat eater, so grilled Portobello 'shrooms are a great substitute for a hamburger

/ Good morning!!!! #154,328  
Wrong mushrooms????
About 40 years ago, I thought they were great!!!
something I never tried, always was curious about
now that I'm retired, no worries about drug tests, but still, no access to them.
Though I guess everything is available online. I figured when I took my rv out West I could find some medicinal mushrooms.
Never made that trip. I did know I wouldn't be planning on driving for several days.
Didn't want to deal with pink moose.

really important that folks drive sober. What they do at home, in their woods, is their business.

I wonder if Don sees anyone under the influence driving golf carts, speeding.
Now we have a job for Bird. Give him a fast cart and a badge and he can give out speeding tickets on the community straightaway.
No worries from me, mine is slow, but fast enough to create a breeze with the front window half way down.
Geez, I could get a ticket for doing 8 in a 6mph zone though... I'll have some Entemann donuts ready for Bird.

friends in Tampa say there are races at times between little old ladies cackling at each other, pedal to the metal.
They bought a faster street worthy cart to catch up. Not my imagination...
For about two grand dealer will increase voltage and power on my cart, number of heavier parts needed.
have no need now, but nice to know several ways to modify. Including different rear diff gear ratio.
if I ever move from here to a retirement community, I'll be ready.

grilled large portabellas by themself or on a veggie burger are really yummy.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,329  
Good Morning
It’s 70 with a forecast high of 90 and no rain. Got just under 1/10” overnight.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, it hard to believe that we are in our 49th year already. We had a nice lunch yesterday at a local inn.

I still managed to putter around a bit, out of curiosity, I measured the current draw of the new heat pump, because it’s variable speed compressor and fans, I checked with the thermostat set 1 degree below the room temp, and again with it set 10 degrees lower. That let me see the difference in load between min and max capacity.

IMG_9404.jpg

IMG_9402.jpg

I’m impressed with the results, this is for a 24,000 btu unit, running on 240 volts.

Today will be an easy day, have some meetings for the airport authority that I’m going to try and work around a visit to Drew’s, and then just some more puttering around here. Trying to decide if I should mow, the grass isn’t really that high, but it looks a bit ragged. I’m guessing it’s probably better for the grass to leave it alone until we get some rain. What do you guys think?

/ Good morning!!!! #154,330  
Today will be an easy day, have some meetings for the airport authority that I’m going to try and work around a visit to Drew’s, and then just some more puttering around here. Trying to decide if I should mow, the grass isn’t really that high, but it looks a bit ragged. I’m guessing it’s probably better for the grass to leave it alone until we get some rain. What do you guys think?
Leave the lawn alone...give it a few more days
Have fun at Drew's place!