Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ?

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #1  

LADPT

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240 GST & Mahindra 4530
Our Ford 3000 & MF 135 have had good long lives but are ready to be replaced. We have a 5ft bushhog, disc, cultivator, box blade, drag, and several homemade scoops for digging trees with skid steer quick attach fel. (FIL is selling skid steer but I’m keeping some parts)

I’d love a 40-50+hp tractor, but that’s pushing my budget and I’d need all new bigger implements with no money left to buy them. Father has a Mahindra 4530 fel which is a tank if I need it occasionally.

Tasks include: bushhogging fields and trails, grading 1,500ft gravel drive, planting a couple acres of corn, beans, watermelons, okra, squash, etc…, moving large potted trees, digging and planting trees for small orchard, raking limbs, landscaping, turning compost piles, moving mulch.

I’m thinking 30-35hp (minimum 25 @PTO), fel with as much lift as possible, 4wd. 5ft implements need to cover the tires, or at least come really close. Prefer: power shuttle/gst or hst, but could do dry clutched shuttle, ease of attaching implements, industrial tires.

JD and Mahindra are 5 miles away. Most other dealers are within 30 miles.

I’m struggling to find enough HP and tractor weight without going to 6ft width. Any guidance on specific models to look for is much appreciated.

I’d like to keep it under ~15k but could push that a bit for the right deal. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #2  
For new the Bransons spec out pretty dang good in that class. I don't own one, but wouldn't have any problem buying one.
Their compacts have some weight to them and they are matched up to what looks on paper to be a great loader for the class of tractor. Their owners seem to love them as well.
Factoring in weight, lift capacity, HST transmission and budget I'd give them a look. Even the 2515 H which is only 25 HP it has some weight and a loader that lifts nearly double the comparable Kubota.

Standard L series on Kubota. Only thing that grinds me on those is the loader capacity is low. They make you step up to Grand L to get a decent loader.

Deere dealer will steer you towards a 3000 E series that is really feature poor compared to competition.

Branson 15 Series

For used, try and find pre emissions if you can. They are getting harder to find but are out there.
New Holland TC35 and TC45's were Shibaru built and would fit your bill well for weight and capacity.
Of course Kubota L3400 / L3800's. There are quite a few of them around.
Deere 4105 is a hydro, has some weight to it. Would be a good match for what you are looking for.

Last edited:
   / Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #3  
Branson's are worth the look. I'm thinking you should look at the 20 series all so . Maybe a 4820H

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #4  
No matter what your budget is it always seems like adding $5k to it gets you something newer/better. I think that is the case here. I always think of Kubota and John Deere because that is most common in my area. I think you can find a used one in that price range but my guess is it will be 10 years old or older.

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #5  
Our Ford 3000 & MF 135 have had good long lives but are ready to be replaced. We have a 5ft bushhog, disc, cultivator, box blade, drag, and several homemade scoops for digging trees with skid steer quick attach fel. (FIL is selling skid steer but I’m keeping some parts)

I’d love a 40-50+hp tractor, but that’s pushing my budget and I’d need all new bigger implements with no money left to buy them. Father has a Mahindra 4530 fel which is a tank if I need it occasionally.

Tasks include: bushhogging fields and trails, grading 1,500ft gravel drive, planting a couple acres of corn, beans, watermelons, okra, squash, etc…, moving large potted trees, digging and planting trees for small orchard, raking limbs, landscaping, turning compost piles, moving mulch.

I’m thinking 30-35hp (minimum 25 @PTO), fel with as much lift as possible, 4wd. 5ft implements need to cover the tires, or at least come really close. Prefer: power shuttle/gst or hst, but could do dry clutched shuttle, ease of attaching implements, industrial tires.

I’m struggling to find enough HP and tractor weight without going to 6ft width. Any guidance on specific models to look for is much appreciated.

I’d like to keep it under ~15k but could push that a bit for the right deal. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks
I have a friend with a Mahindra 2615 that is in good mechanical shape but been left out in the sun so faded paint and some surface rust that meets your specs and price point. He is moving out of state and will not need the tractor any more. msg me if you would like me to get you in touch.
this is in Corpus Christi TX. BTW.

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ?
Thanks for the offer @DaBear3428 but I think I’m looking for something bigger.

MF 1635 seems a good size. 3k+lbs, 64.5” wide so 5ft implements will nearly cover tires, plenty power, pst transmission, easy 3pt hookups. One nearby for $17,900 just over 300hrs.

Might post in the MF forum to check out that price.

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #7  

I LOVE my Mahindra 1626 shuttle. The earlier 1526 is similar with a few cosmetic differences. Might look around for a used 3016 as well.

I bush hog and till A LOT with 5' implements.

950 hours so far. Never been back to the dealer.

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #8  
i would avoid a modern mahindra. if you go mahindra, get a 3 digit one.

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #9  

Both fine tractors - depending on their condition I would consider spending the time & money to rebuild and keep at least one of them.

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #10  

The Ford 3000 and MF 135 are roughly the size of a larger compact like a 4 series Deere. Even then, finding one narrower than 5' might be a stretch if it's on fat industrial tires. You will have to do some looking to find a machine in that size range with a loader for $15k, and it's going to be pretty well used. I'd probably go look on a classified site like Tractorhouse to look what you can get in the 30-40 HP range with a $15,000 ceiling.

If it was me, I would probably look at rehabbing one or both of the machines you have, as long as they serve you well. Both are very well thought of machines and even if you have to split a tractor or rebuild an engine, you still should have change left from your $15k.