Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ?

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #21  
our mahindra dealer sells anything they can buy. Random mower brands. Some random blue, LS or new holland machines. Had some chinese excavators for 6 months. Pivots. You name it, they probably had it for a some short period.

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #22  
I've never been back to my dealer. I'd buy this tractor again in a heartbeat and it's a 4 digit model.

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #23  
is the $15 K budget for the tractor alone ?
if you know that you are going to get certain implements, it might be worth it to get at least a partial / starting package that works within your budget, I think that you can negotiate better deals that way. ie a $20 K package
I can't advise on pricing etc, as I don't know the American market, but I think that you are correct in looking for 35+ hp tractor for the intended purposes.
my tractor doesn't have that capacity, but it works for my needs

happy shopping :)

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #24  
$15k could get you an good old international like a 1066

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #25  
At 15,260 lbs ballasted the IH 1066 looks like a pretty good size tractor.

IH 1066.png

Last edited:
   / Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #26  
Our Ford 3000 & MF 135 have had good long lives but are ready to be replaced. We have a 5ft bushhog, disc, cultivator, box blade, drag, and several homemade scoops for digging trees with skid steer quick attach fel. (FIL is selling skid steer but I’m keeping some parts)

I’d love a 40-50+hp tractor, but that’s pushing my budget and I’d need all new bigger implements with no money left to buy them. Father has a Mahindra 4530 fel which is a tank if I need it occasionally.

Tasks include: bushhogging fields and trails, grading 1,500ft gravel drive, planting a couple acres of corn, beans, watermelons, okra, squash, etc…, moving large potted trees, digging and planting trees for small orchard, raking limbs, landscaping, turning compost piles, moving mulch.

I’m thinking 30-35hp (minimum 25 @PTO), fel with as much lift as possible, 4wd. 5ft implements need to cover the tires, or at least come really close. Prefer: power shuttle/gst or hst, but could do dry clutched shuttle, ease of attaching implements, industrial tires.

JD and Mahindra are 5 miles away. Most other dealers are within 30 miles.

I’m struggling to find enough HP and tractor weight without going to 6ft width. Any guidance on specific models to look for is much appreciated.

I’d like to keep it under ~15k but could push that a bit for the right deal. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks

I'd be tempted to go with a used Mahindra with a FEL....especially given your budget. It sort of depends on your local dealer - although since you've gotten along with two tractors that don't have dealers, it might not matter.
There are areas where used Mahindras don't bring much. That doesn't necessarily say anything about the tractor. More about the area.

Used tractors are all the same in one respect - That is you want one that has enough hours on it to have proven itself, but not so many that it is used up. I try to look between 500 and 1500 hours.

Not sure what you mean by the difference in 5 foot and 6 foot width implements. Some of mine are category I and others category II. Some as small as 4 ft and some as large as 8 foot - but any 35 hp utility tractor that works with one can work with them all. Well, maybe not the biggest back blade - that works best on a heavy tractor. None of the implements require much HP.

What are you looking for a tractor to do that the Ford and Massey won't? Do they have FEL and PS?
rScotty

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ?
Both older tractors are worn to the point of requiring constant repairs, minor and major. They are no longer reliable.

Both older tractors are dry clutch & gear, 2wd, no fel, no power steering, no telescoping link arms or quick attach 3pt.

I need a reliable cranking/running 4wd fel tractor with some modern advancements so I can enjoyably perform landscaping, farming, bushhogging, grading, etc tasks.

I currently have a heavy duty 5ft bushhog, light duty 6ft bushhog, 5 ft disk and a leveling drag. I also have a dozen or so skid steer QA scoops, stump buckets, ditch diggers, lift poles, graders, work platforms, forks, etc. my FIL is selling his skid steer but I’m keeping the items a tractor could use.

I have a working graph. Mahindra 3616 is a lighter option that 5ft implements would cover the tires.

If I go with a wider tractor I’ll be wanting wider implements

Attachments

• F2587928-A0F2-4F82-8222-8A7377DB591E.png
    F2587928-A0F2-4F82-8222-8A7377DB591E.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 52
Several Kubota, JD, Kioti, MF options out there…I’m just not familiar with models and their particular options.

That’s what makes the used market difficult vs new. A nice tractor at a good price pops up. 6-12 hours later after I’ve researched that model and go to test drive it, it’s sold 🤦🏼‍♂️

/ Edited Title - Kubota L4060, LS XR4141, or ? #30  
Both older tractors are worn to the point of requiring constant repairs, minor and major. They are no longer reliable.

Both older tractors are dry clutch & gear, 2wd, no fel, no power steering, no telescoping link arms or quick attach 3pt.

I need a reliable cranking/running 4wd fel tractor with some modern advancements so I can enjoyably perform landscaping, farming, bushhogging, grading, etc tasks.

I currently have a heavy duty 5ft bushhog, light duty 6ft bushhog, 5 ft disk and a leveling drag. I also have a dozen or so skid steer QA scoops, stump buckets, ditch diggers, lift poles, graders, work platforms, forks, etc. my FIL is selling his skid steer but I’m keeping the items a tractor could use.

OK. What you are doing makes a lot of sense to me. I traded up years ago from old Ag tractors to a newer TLB with a FEL, HST+, Power STEERING!, SSQA, extra hydraulics, a platform with canopy and a decent seat. It has either a category 2 3pt. or a backhoe & mount on the rear..

My wife says it's the best thing we ever bought. I agree. Ours is a Kubota, but not sure the brand matters. 60 hp is more than I need, but it enables us to work at an idle. Plus the tractor is heavy. Weight counts.

What would I do differently? Not much. I would have definitely insisted on telescoping draft links - I find them to be more useful than a quick attach 3pt. BTW, the SSQA is a marvelous thing but it sounds like you already know that. .

Maybe the thing I really should have done differently is I should have bought two of them - a large with industrial tires for the backhoe to live on and a 25hp with turf tires for yard work.

But start with the larger one.

rScotty