Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear

/ Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear #1  

TJ Monk

Tractor
Yanmar 1510D
Had grandkids here and caught them “playing” on my tractor. About three weeks after they left, started the tractor to get some work done and she started and ran fine but just wouldn’t move in any gear. The rear wheels appear to be locked, too. Suspect the grandkids did something to immobilize the tractor but can’t get to the bottom of the problem. They also “lost” my manuals! Appreciate any ideas!

/ Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear #2  
Does the engine rpms change at all when you put it in gear (ie: does it start lugging at all)?

Maybe they locked the brakes?

Might have kicked some lever somewhere

/ Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear #3  
Are clutch linkages still connected? Maybe broke it mashing the clutch petal? Just random guess? Although if the clutch wasn't working it would be making all kinds of grinding noises when you try to shift it.

/ Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear #4  
I see it's a PowerShift. Is the fluid at the correct level?

/ Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear #5  
Had grandkids here and caught them “playing” on my tractor. About three weeks after they left, started the tractor to get some work done and she started and ran fine but just wouldn’t move in any gear. The rear wheels appear to be locked, too. Suspect the grandkids did something to immobilize the tractor but can’t get to the bottom of the problem. They also “lost” my manuals! Appreciate any ideas!
Here's the YM1510 Parts Manual, compliments of the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. Link below in my signature. There are other manuals too, but too big to add here.

With the PowerShift, you may need to pull the hydraulic filter off, clean it and re-install.

Attachments

• YANMAR YM1510 PARTS MANUAL NPC-1034.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 154
   / Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear #6  
I have a YM186D, the similar US version of that.

I have no idea what could cause what you describe. Possibly a broken shift linkage or less likely, a plugged hydraulic filter. I assume your clutch works normally. PowerShift has the reputation of being indestructible, aside being from plugged up with dirty oil, but I suppose its possible they broke something internal with hard shifts at high rpm. I don't recall we've ever seen a post here describing internal damage.

The US version of YM1510D is YM186D. Its parts manual is the same but in English. It may be easier to find details in the YM186 parts manual, then go to the Japan version to be sure of accurate part#'s for your YM1510D.

YM186D has the big transmission filter near the fuel filter, then a second filter that might be the only filter on YM1510D, I don't know. This smaller filter is under your left thigh. In Maverick's Japan manual scroll down (about half way) to Section 35 parts drawing. This smaller filter (screen, actually) is #11. Be careful prying the cover off to get to the filter, its easily broken.

/ Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear #8  
what Winston said, and check your emergency brake locking lever... down by your right foot. looks like a sawtooth blade. make sure its fully released. check your 2wd/4wd shift lever engagement also.

/ Yanmar YM1510D starts and runs but doesn’t move in any gear #10  
was it anything to do with the clutch???

willy