Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank!

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank! #1  

Crookedcreek

Tractor
New Holland TZ25DA 2008
This tractor is not getting fuel into the fuel bowl so pulled off the gas line to the bowl and no fuel then I removed the fuel line at the tap at the tank nothing. I drained the gas tank and found a white flat piece of plastic that broke off of something cleaned tank filled tank back up and still nothing coming out of the tap. I did a blow alittle air into the tap alittle fuel did come out but it stopped and back to no fuel coming out !!! I am trying to find out how this tank is vented and if there is some kind of screen that could be clogged. Not sure 😳

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank! #2  
First off, 'gas and diesel aren't compatible so it's a fuel tank and fuel line not a gas tank and gas line and it sounds to me like you are getting crud blocking your fuel pickup in the fuel tank, possibly a bug or a leaf or something foreign that is restricting the flow. Why I use filler neck strainers on both my tractors. Don't need or want that issue.

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank!
First off, 'gas and diesel aren't compatible so it's a fuel tank and fuel line not a gas tank and gas line and it sounds to me like you are getting crud blocking your fuel pickup in the fuel tank, possibly a bug or a leaf or something foreign that is restricting the flow. Why I use filler neck strainers on both my tractors. Don't need or want that issue.
Yes I know that it's a fuel tank and fuel line but you seem to understand what I was getting at. I said I drained the tank and still no fuel comes out the tap. I am trying to figure out if it's a vent thats clogged as in the fuel cap or if there is a screen somewhere.

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank! #4  
Leave the fuel cap off and run it. That will tell you if it's a vent issue or a clogged feed line. Stuff a rag in the filler to keep anything out. Additionally, does it have a primary fuel filter (I'm not familiar with those tractors but both my Kubota's have primary spin on fuel filters. If yours does, could need changed. Something I do at least yearly.

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank! #5  
it sounds to me like you are getting crud blocking your fuel pickup in the fuel tank
Listen to what's being said.

It won't start because there isn't fuel getting to the fuel bowl the fuel isn't coming out of the fuel tank tap. I have put 2 fuel filters on and a fuel shut off solenoid plus I am putting a new fuel line on today but none of this matters be cause no fuel is coming out of the fuel tank into the fuel line or to the fuel bowl.

Yes I am saying there is a clog in this fuel tank as fuel isn't coming out the tap but I am having a diffcult time finding out where the clog is as I can't find the specs of this tank. Look this is my first tractor I am a 62 yr old woman learning as my husband is laying in bed with stage 4 cancer so any help for a first time would be appreciated.

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank! #8  
If you found a piece of plastic in the tank, it's probably what's left of the in-tank screen and the tank is now clogged at the outlet. There should be a fitting on the bottom of the tank (maybe with a shutoff valve). That fitting, when removed from the tank, will typically have a screen attached to it.

Edit: The tank will most likely have to removed and cleaned. A new screen should be installed after cleaning the tank.

Last edited:
   / Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank! #9  
Look this is my first tractor I am a 62 yr old woman learning as my husband is laying in bed with stage 4 cancer so any help for a first time would be appreciated.
Gee, I'm 72 and a cancer survivor. I didn't 'lay in bed, I kept going though it was difficult at times, especially doing chemo and wearing a chemo pump while doing my chores. My wife runs all the equipment and helps with repairs as well. Being a female isn't a disadvantage far as I'm concerned. I used to run around shirtless, not any more. I look like a field dressed deer. but It hasn't stopped me. It has slowed me down a bit but that is it.

Laying in bed is the worst thing you can do with cancer. You need to keep on keeping on or it will kill you.

Something is blocking the fuel flow, probably debris in the fuel tank and the only way to remove it is either drain the fuel tank and clean it out or have a dealer do it if you feel you are not able to do it.

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank! #10  
Here is the parts diagram. It does not show any screen or filter where fuel comes out of the tank. The tank is vented by the cap.

Attachments

• nh-148891-346426-2459543.pdf
    383.8 KB · Views: 243