Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #51  
If someone on here wants to gift me one (Mahindra), I'll certainly take it. If not, won't be any Mahidras' on this farm and that includes their Roxor wanna be jeep too.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?
Ledgemere Farm,

I own both a Mahindra Max 24 TLB and a Kubota M59 TLB. While there is huge difference in both price, weight, and horsepower when comparing the two tractors there are some general take-a ways.
First: Mahindra loves to use hydraulic hose everywhere while Kubota uses tubing where flex is not needed and hose where flex required ( backhoe and FEL joints ). I became aware of the use of hose everywhere when the Mahindra lost a huge amount of hydraulic fluid when I drove over a stick and it speared a hose underneath the tractor and hose tore open. Mahindra did not have any provisions for protecting the underside of the tractor from damage.

Mahindra uses poor quality hydraulic valves whereas Kubota valves appear to be higher quality. If I partially raise the Mahindra outrigger legs on the back hoe or curl the backhoe bucket up, after a few hours the legs will be on the ground and the hoe bucket will have uncurled to hang at lowest point. I have curled the Kubota backhoe bucket and come back a month later and it hasn't moved from where I left it.

Mahindra makes no attempt to protect the hydraulic hoses being routed to the various cylinders on the tractor while Kubota places metal shields or wire wraps over hoses and tubing runs out to hydraulics that could be exposed to damage. I had a hose ripped off an outrigger leg when a large stick became jammed between leg and hydraulic line and I was raising the leg.

The Mahindra's FEL has a significantly smaller curl range than the Kubota. The Kubota will curl in (curl towards the operator) much further than the Mahindra. Helps when transporting a heaped bucket so the load doesn't fall out of the bucket.

The Mitsubishi engine in the Mahindra seems solid so no complaints/ concerns there.

Based on my above 5 years experience with Mahindra Max 24 TLB, I would NOT buy another Mahindra tractor. I would absolutely buy another Kubota, based on my 8 year experience, because the Kubota engineering and build quality appears to be worth the additional expense, ability to do work, and peace of mind that I won't be damaging something while using tractor.
First, I agree that in most aspects, Kubotas are superior. MyJohn Deere would leak down after a few minutes and it did that from the day it was shiny new. My Mahindra has steel hydraulic lines

The Mahindra MAX series tractor is designed and built in Japan by Mitsubishi, it is a quality unit for the price point, as are most compact tractors. It is rebranded and sold as a Mahindra.
The loader and the backhoe are designed and built in the USA (in Kansas) and added to the tractor at one of Mahindras US build centers.
My loader has steel hydraulic tubing on it as well as hoses to flex to the tubing connections.

If you reduce the number of connections you reduce the failure points, you don't get it both ways on smaller equipment in general.
I agree. my Mahindra dealer is also a family friend and I know he doesn’t lie about the Mitsubishi models. I’ve seen the repairs that come in and they’re almost always some dummy who used it for a d8 Caterpillar. I could take my John Deere 5045 D and drive the loader into a tree and rack it sideways if I wanted to. It’s made to pick things up and put them down, not knock down Sherwood Forest😝

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #54  
Ledgemere Farm,

Just watched your video "5 things I hate about Mahindra" and saw your Max 26 with steel lines. What year is the Max 26?

I will post a pic of the Mahindra love for hydraulic hose on the Max 24 next time I am visit property where it currently resides, probably mid Sept.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #56  
I'm pretty sure they are referring to these lines. But we get it Mahindra bad.

Attachments

• IMG_20220905_115815.jpg
    IMG_20220905_115815.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
   / Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #57  
Gee, my Kubota's have those as well and so do my neighbor's New Hollands. I just want to see how a steel hard line can be used as an interface between a loader and the tractor....????

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #58  
Gee, my Kubota's have those as well and so do my neighbor's New Hollands. I just want to see how a steel hard line can be used as an interface between a loader and the tractor....????
Gee. Good for your Kubota. With deductive reasoning like a normal person, I am assuming there is possibly, a loader that does not use those steel lines? Instead uses hydraulic rated rubber lines?

Ledgemere Farm,

Just watched your video "5 things I hate about Mahindra" and saw your Max 26 with steel lines. What year is the Max 26?

I will post a pic of the Mahindra love for hydraulic hose on the Max 24 next time I am visit property where it currently resides, probably mid Sept.
2019 I think. It’s an xlt

Gee. Good for your Kubota. With deductive reasoning like a normal person, I am assuming there is possibly, a loader that does not use those steel lines? Instead uses hydraulic rated rubber lines?
Yes. When he gets “top poster of the month” it’s because he trolls every thread and makes genius commentaries. Not even worth my time to reply because he obviously has an axe to grind or needs a life