Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,912  
I like that!

Did you make all the parts youself?

How much do you have in it?
Thanks!
I drew up the grapple on Sketchup, then converted the drawing (of pieces I wanted cut out) into a .DXF file and had a buddy with a plasma table burn them out for me.
Some of the steel was scraps I had laying around.
I guess I spent $500 or $600 on steel, DOM tubing, cylinders, hoses, fittings etc.
Allready had front remotes, so that saved quite a bit.
Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 2.12.40 PM.png

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
#1,913  
View attachment 762132View attachment 762133View attachment 762134View attachment 762136View attachment 762137

Fun build and a very handy tool for sure. I will probably eventually remove one and move the other to the center of the bucket, I don't think having tandem grapples is worth the extra weight for how I use it (most of the time)
That first time picking up the log must have been extremely satisfying! Really nice job, and looks so useful. You are obviously a skilled individual!

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,914  
That first time picking up the log must have been extremely satisfying! Really nice job, and looks so useful. You are obviously a skilled individual!
First pick was three railroad ties at the same time...and not having to get off the tractor was so cool!

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
#1,915  
Occasionally, I feed my neighbors horses a bale of hay when he is out of town. I don’t have a bale spear so I improvise

IMG_9363.JPG

IMG_9364.JPG

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,916  
That reminds me, I have used the Monster Grapple to set a 5x6 round bale on end:

P1120006 f1t-Insprion-20.JPG
P1120009.JPG

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,917  
Some pics of 72" grapple
Moving rock from creek
Siberian Elm ( had to cut 16 foot log in half after 11K Lb tractor back end came off ground )
Tractor hiding behind brush
Some firewood

Attachments

• IMAG0685- Bldg site logs.jpg
    IMAG0685- Bldg site logs.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMAG0364- M59.jpg
    IMAG0364- M59.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
  • 20200722- Siberian Elm size.jpg
    20200722- Siberian Elm size.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 93
  • 2 ton rock.png
    2 ton rock.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
   / Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,918  
I have had more blow downs across my trails this year than any other I can remember. I removed this smallish 5 stemmed branchy white pine top yesterday with my FrostBite grapple.

22_9_14-1.jpg

Since I'm an old guy just out to have fun I decided to mount my camera on the front cross bar of the ROPS with a birds eye view. It would have worked good except the tractor vibration affected the camera and drove it wild in spots. So it's a little hard to watch. Since I have no pics I put it here anyway. It's like all my work - I try to keep it from getting exciting. While playing pick-up sticks with all those branches I tipped up a pretty good rock which became in the way. So I plucked it out and you can see it roll down the hill at about 11:00 minutes. It left quite a crater in the middle of the trail.

Here is the stuff I moved.

22_9_14-3.jpg

The video - It is what it is.

When I was done with the grapple I used the butt plate on my winch like a dozer blade to scrape up enough dirt to fill the hole. Then I used it again to back drag the area to even it off.

22_9_14-2.jpg

gg

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,919  
Virtual grapple? I got this guy out by cutting the roots with the bucket edge on 3 sides, and the pushing it over, and then shoving it forward by the root ball until the rest of the roots ripped out. Then I scooped it up and dropped it off in the woods. Its fun when a plan works out well.

IMG_2716.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG