Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
#1,931  
I had all I could do to lift this one! Even at that, I could only get it a couple inches off the ground.

IMG_1495.JPG

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,932  
I find it interesting that the general consensus is that wide is better. And it probably is on perfectly flat ground where you can set the entire width on the surface. But on rougher ground like I have or in the woods with stumps and such where it is hard to find a flat area I think narrow is much better. I can grab stuff laying at angle and have the weight in the center rather than by a outside edge of the grapple and be way of center, It also lets me grab stuff tight in at the trail edge easier when I have to come in at an angle. I also don't see the narrowness as being much of a disadvantage to how much you can grab. But maneuverability and light weight is by far the biggest advantage to me.

Here is a better picture of the finished job.

View attachment 762860

gg
I have both wide (2 lid) and narrow (1 lid). I use narrow more and can lift more that way. That said, sometime wide is better when doing smaller, loose stuff.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,933  
I have both wide (2 lid) and narrow (1 lid). I use narrow more and can lift more that way. That said, sometime wide is better when doing smaller, loose stuff.

That makes good sense to me.

gg