Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,791  
We have to treat open fractured HDs as Hazardous Waste. Sorry - not toxic waste. This means we have to bag and tag them before sending them off to an electronic waste recovery site. Its like getting a box full of broken fluorescent tubes. The damn shards get everywhere. Early HDs used metal platters. All current ones, and ones going back 20 years, use disks made out of coated glass.
Does putting CD’s in a microwave work for destroying data? It sure looks destroyed 😀.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,792  
Researchers estimate there are twenty quadrillion ants worldwide, and if you gathered them all and put them on a scale, they'd weigh more than all of the wild birds and mammals on the planet. To put that number in perspective, for every human, there are nearly 2.5 million ants.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,793  
And they all seem to be able to find my kitchen...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,794  
Researchers estimate there are twenty quadrillion ants worldwide, and if you gathered them all and put them on a scale, they'd weigh more than all of the wild birds and mammals on the planet. To put that number in perspective, for every human, there are nearly 2.5 million ants.
Fire ants, I have more than my share I suspect. I’ll share with anyone that feels they got shorted. 🤬.
You learn to watch where you step, or if you step in a soft spot you automatically look down to see where your foot is.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,795  
Fire ants, I have more than my share I suspect. I’ll share with anyone that feels they got shorted. 🤬.
You learn to watch where you step, or if you step in a soft spot you automatically look down to see where your foot is.
No no you move away THEN look what you stepped on. I don't miss those things, not here yet. Much rather deal with Yellow Jackets than fire ants.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,796  
If we get to choose. I'll take the ants. I got both now.(n)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,797  
You have fire ants in Temecula? Back in NC (very rural) we would have 1-2' tall mounts every 20-30 feet in the fields and grass. It was constant battle to be allowed to walk in the front yard. I never had less than a dozen colonies on 6 acres. Those dudes will swarm in a second and all run up your legs and all bite at once leaving you with blisters all over. Even the dogs knew to jump and move when stepping on soft ground. Here on 90+ acres I'm never found more than 4 Yellow Jacket nests in a year. I'm sure I missed many but if they leave me alone I don't care.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,798  
Astronauts can not burp.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,800  
Recliners date back to dentist chairs over 200 years ago. Too much sitting is the new smoking, causing lots of health problems. Sitting too long and people have literally grown into sofas and chairs and had to be cut out of them! One example:
Years ago I knew a guy who ran a dental lab making false teeth. A woman took her dentists advice too literally when she got dentures since he said "leave them in" meaning allow gums to fit the new teeth...except she never took them out. Years later they had to be surgically removed because her gums had grown into them.
Imagine skin and fiber growing together!