$120/gallon for SUD2

/ $120/gallon for SUD2 #1  

Elkins45

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
I went to the dealer where I bought my tractor, Jacobi Sales in Shelbyville, KY to buy 7.5 gallons of Super UDT2 for my L3800. The parts guy quoted me >$900! Seriously. I kept waiting for the Candid Camera crew to appear but he meant it. They probably had 40 five gallon buckets of the stuff piled up in the showroom.

I ended up buying it from Tri-State Kubota in Mt. Zion for $200 with tax. The savings was obviously worth the 40 mile drive. I still don’t know what’s up with Jacobi. He acted like they quote that price to everyone.

/ $120/gallon for SUD2 #3  
Ouch! I thought Deere's Plus 50 was getting rich at $160 for 5 gallons. I'm changing oil on my skid steer but I'm going to use Mobile Delvac for engine oil but I'll stay with the Deere Plus 50 for the hydraulics. Deere specs the same oil for engine and hydraulics in the skid steer.

/ $120/gallon for SUD2 #4  
Sounds like they priced you 8 five gallon buckets.

That’s a reasonable answer. I can’t imagine any dealer charging that much for 2 gallon.

Last edited:
   / $120/gallon for SUD2 #5  
Just as a reference, Messick's is $101 for UDT and $124 for 5 gallons of SUDT (plus shipping, of course.)

/ $120/gallon for SUD2
Sounds like they priced you 8 five gallon buckets.
Maybe he thought I said 75 gallons and not 7-1/2? That’s quite a misunderstanding. He knew I was changing the fluid in just one tractor. I was very clear about that.

/ $120/gallon for SUD2
Just as a reference, Messick's is $101 for UDT and $124 for 5 gallons of SUDT (plus shipping, of course.)
It ended up being cheaper at the other dealer when factoring shipping. Messick’s was the first place I checked once I got back in my car.

/ $120/gallon for SUD2 #8  
Maybe he thought I said 75 gallons and not 7-1/2? That’s quite a misunderstanding. He knew I was changing the fluid in just one tractor. I was very clear about that.
He musta thought you were the tractor king with a whole fleet of plow babies..

It looks like he priced you a five and a two and a half. Mistakenly priced five five gallon buckets instead of one five. I worked at Kubota, seen it happen. It can happen anywhere.