Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,531  
52 outside this AM, be lucky if we break 70 today.

Will try and install window today in Milk House. Yesterday I managed to cut more grass, had a nice wind helping dispersal. It is starting to thin out, thank goodness.

BIL in FL, prepping for a Hurricane visit. He is about an hour south of Tampa. He retired and relocated down there about three years ago, so this is a new experience for him. His neighbor has a hurricane proof house and has offered it up as shelter if things go really bad.

Not much on the agenda here, paper work and lawyers still going on. Next year will be better. LOL.

Hope all feeling better this AM, be safe in what you do today.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,532  
Up early today
53 degrees cold going to 66 Fall is coming
Going for a doctors appointment this morning to get som skin rash checked.
Wife got her booster yesterday so she will skip her Methotrexate medication due tomorrow to give the booster a chance to establish antibodies

Drew, that driveway looks great

Scaredy, Nice pic of your kids. You must be very proud of your
adopted kids. We adopted among other kids a sibling group of 3 ages 1, 5 and 7. At the time we went from 3 adopted kids to 6. That changed the lifestyle big time.

Helogabais, nice pic of the stork
Growing up in Denmark where Hans Christian Andersen lived the story was that the storks living in nests on top of chimneys would fly down with a baby hanging in a diaper from the beak and young kids would believed in this similar to Santa Claus here in the US

Sodamo, yes the Big Island is nothing like what you see on TV about beaches and palm trees from Hawaii commercials.

Roy, I am glad you feel better

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,533  
Good morning, the low temp was 50 and the high is going to 55°F. 70% chance of showers. North wind at 13 mph.
I guess I wont be stripping the truck today.

Stay safe all

/ Good morning!!!! #156,534  
Interesting story of babies and folklore

/ Good morning!!!! #156,535  
Good Morning
52 and won’t see 70 today, but it will be sunny.

Yesterday kept me occupied, worked on the little plane, the carb heat cable broke when my son was doing a preflight run up, leaving it in the on position. An easy fix, but a new cable was $140 for what is basically a choke cable I could have gotten at advance auto. Welcome to aviation.

Took down the last portable livestock pen from the open house and got the panels put away. Stopped by a friends with a can of “Free” penetrant, a 13/16 8pt socket and my 1100 ftlb Makita impact to see if I could get a 1” pipe plug out of a roller so he could fill it with water. He had previously tried heating it cherry red and using a wrench and a pipe. I did spray it with free a few days ago also. At any rate it came right out with the Makita.

Today I’ve got to go to Newport News again, just to drop some people off. Should be home by early afternoon, and hope to get some mowing done. The grass is back with a vengeance, making up for taking the summer off!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,536  
Good morning! I am right there with the coolest group this morning at 51˚F !!!!!!
Only expecting to go to the upper 80s today. 10˚ drop in temp makes me feel 10 years younger.

Yesterday I had a terrible experience trying to pull the okra out of the garden. I had a short sleeve shirt on and the okra was burning my arms like Bull Nettle. I had to stop and wash them but it did not help and had to go home and get some Benadryl cream. My next attempt will be with a long sleeve shirt and gloves.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,537  
Morning, 53 going up to 70.
Pool prep completed.
Dog has an infection , ran over to vets. Have to give her antibiotics etc. She finally ate this morning.
Will keep an eye on her.

Buppies - maybe time for soups and liquids so you don't get dehydrated.

Helogabals - I have three stents and am able to do 4-6 hours hard labor without too many issues. So you will get better and welcome back.

TxDon - attack Okra ?

Washing machine harness and connector fixed. seems I am always fixing this thing.

Have a great day all,

/ Good morning!!!! #156,538  
Good Morning - going to be hot again today = 100º +
Just realized > I've noticed the rabbits are gone. I have been fighting the rabbits off my lawn every year for 22 years here.
This year there are no cottontails. Weird. We are in a drought. Have been for some time.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,539  
42°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 73° today. We'll be down in the upper 30s tomorrow morning, if the predictions are true. May have to actually wear a jacket.

Glad you're still with us, Helogabals.
I heard the stork/baby story as a child as well.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,540  
PJ I never heard that story funny how we still learn new things every day