Tip of the day.

/ Tip of the day. #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
This thread is for those silly little things you see someone doing and say, why didn’t I think of that. It could be a tool, technique, a homeowner thing, thread drift is expected.

My tip of the day. Dry erase board. I have one in my garage. It mostly contains oil change info for my vehicles, miles, date, how many quarts of oil it takes. I also started writing when I filled certain fuel containers that may get old. For example “chainsaw gas 10/23/22”.

/ Tip of the day. #2  
Last edited:
   / Tip of the day. #4  
This thread is for those silly little things you see someone doing and say, why didn’t I think of that. It could be a tool, technique, a homeowner thing, thread drift is expected.

My tip of the day. Dry erase board. I have one in my garage. It mostly contains oil change info for my vehicles, miles, date, how many quarts of oil it takes. I also started writing when I filled certain fuel containers that may get old. For example “chainsaw gas 10/23/22”.
it would have to be a pretty big dry erase board for me. i use a legal pad on a clip board

/ Tip of the day. #5  
Carry a $0.99 tape measure in your pocket, worth it's weight in gold. One usually lasts me about two years but for making sure I bring the right thing back to the field the first time everytime is priceless (is that 1-1/8" or 1-1/4" is hard to eyeball).

/ Tip of the day. #6  
I write the hours and date with a sharpie on oil and hydraulic filters when they are changed so I know when they were last serviced. I also write the date and mileage on filters when they are changed on our vehicles.

/ Tip of the day. #7  
I keep a Label Maker in the garage and for repetitive things I need to remember, I make a label and stick them on the doors of my wall cabinets.

/ Tip of the day. #8  
Stinky garbage...

FWIW...

Not everyone lives where they have garbage pick up and in many rural places garbage has to be taken to recycle centers etc...

Even though a lot of wet garbage gets composted...
It only takes a day or so for items like meat packaging (with the absorbing pads) to really start stinking...What we do is put the packaging back in the freezer until we make a garbage run...

/ Tip of the day. #9  
Stinky garbage...

FWIW...

Not everyone lives where they have garbage pick up and in many rural places garbage has to be taken to recycle centers etc...

Even though a lot of wet garbage gets composted...
It only takes a day or so for items like meat packaging (with the absorbing pads) to really start stinking...What we do is put the packaging back in the freezer until we make a garbage run...
3 years ago I was in charge of the kitchen. Relatives would bring me a casserole or something occasionally, but it was so bad, it went straight into the freezer.

but I had to wright myself a note to remember to through it out on garbage eve.

/ Tip of the day. #10  
I write the hours and date with a sharpie on oil and hydraulic filters when they are changed so I know when they were last serviced. I also write the date and mileage on filters when they are changed on our vehicles.
Same here.