Tip of the day.

/ Tip of the day. #11  
With oil being what it is, I'm heating with wood right now. However my hot water also comes from the boiler, it's an on-demand system that kicks on when I use it.

Early september I ran out of oil. So I ran down to the station to buy 10 gallons of diesel and dump it in the tank. Fire it up and boom, hot water. This lasted just under 2 weeks, and it was ready for another 10 gallons. So I decided to shut the furnace off and only turn it on for showers. Over a month later, and I'm still on the second 10 gallons. I'll do this until prices come down if I need to. I'm just not going to buy 500 gallons at $6/gal. This can't last, to many people depend on oil for their homes, so if I can hold out, prices will come down eventually.

/ Tip of the day. #12  
My irrigation & plumbing company friend saves pint size pvc primer and solvent cans for me. I clean them out,remove label and spray prime can,cut brush off and epoxy small nylon bristle paint brush in their place. Most are filled with paints I often need for touch up so I can touch something up then screw lid back on without cleaning brush. The primer holds paint sample and sharpie marker better than if applied to bare metal can. The most often used can holds PVC primer I apply to plastic that needs to be painted and marked. One of those plastic items that needs to be painted to erase origional label info then remarked is quart oil bottles with squirt tops that hold everything from gasoline to home brewed penetrating oils of different formulas. I get squirt bottle caps from an outboard engine shop. When he removes cap to pull seal off he tosses new cap in a box and replaces it with one with tip already clipped off. The squirt bottle caps are same thread as quart motor oil bottles.

/ Tip of the day. #14  
I keep a Label Maker in the garage and for repetitive things I need to remember, I make a label and stick them on the doors of my wall cabinets.
I write down fuse locations and descriptions on the inside of the tool box door on my work truck.

This way, I don't have to dig through the owners manual for a fuse location if the trailer light fuse or back up camera fuse pop.

/ Tip of the day.
When I change oil in vehicles I dump the new oil in the engine, put the lid back on the container, and the find a place under the hood to place it upside down for a couple minutes. This gets most of the residual oil down to the cap and then I dump it in the engine. Not a large amount but I figure it’s better in my engine than in the landfill.

/ Tip of the day. #17  
   / Tip of the day. #19  
These are handy! I put one in my cabinet where all my spices are, and the best part about it is it typically works! It looks like they're out of stock currently

/ Tip of the day. #20  
These are handy! I put one in my cabinet where all my spices are, and the best part about it is it typically works! It looks like they're out of stock currently

I but one on the bed frame so when I swing my legs out of bed a light comes on where I can see my slippers. Then I have a motion detector turn on some bathroom lights when I step into the middle of the room making it easy to find the bath and giving 4 minutes to pee or turn on a 110v light