Skid Steer Mower Width

/ Skid Steer Mower Width #1  

nch77

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 5610(2)
I'm buying a heavy brush cutter for my Bobcat, a T870 and of the three I've narrowed it down to the only thing I haven't decided is width yet. My Bobcat is about 1" under 7' wide to the outside of the tracks. Is it better to have a cutter that cuts a path wider than the tracks or not? The options for 84" cutters is fairly limited, the CID extreme duty is the one I'm looking at currently.

/ Skid Steer Mower Width #2  
Mine is a hair wider than my tracks, I would want one at least as wide as my tracks if weight and hydraulic flow wasn't an issue.

/ Skid Steer Mower Width
I've got 100 hp and 36 gpm, I'm not too concerned about weight

/ Skid Steer Mower Width #4  
the width needs to be wider than the machine tracks, one thing I will say a wider by a foot is great around fence posts and trees

/ Skid Steer Mower Width
cut width or overall width needs to be wider? I figured 84" cut would let me get close to a fence, or even a 78 since the skid shoes would still be wider than the tracks.

/ Skid Steer Mower Width #6  
This 84" is two feet wider than the Toolcat. Makes it good for getting close to stuff:

P5250024.JPG
P5260004.JPG
P5250028.JPG

/ Skid Steer Mower Width #7  
I wonder if I could put a wheel on the front of my Bobcat brush hog? Got a 6 ft mower on a 5ft wide 50 hp 773. It is about maxed out.

/ Skid Steer Mower Width #9  
I wonder if I could put a wheel on the front of my Bobcat brush hog? Got a 6 ft mower on a 5ft wide 50 hp 773. It is about maxed out.
I think with a skid steer it could put too much pressure on the wheel unless you put a hinge on the attachment plate like mine has:

PA010003.JPG

/ Skid Steer Mower Width #10  

This is my current pick, looks like a good mower
If you are mostly cutting grass I think it's probably a gook pick but if you cut much brush you will be happier with one that has carbide teeth on the bottom of the blade carrier for shredding the debris into much smaller pieces and better demolition of the stumps for a better finished product, that unit won't have any problem cutting the brush as it has a heavy blade carrier which will transfer plenty of momentum but it will leave a lot of large debris. Have you checked out MTL or Rut Manufacturing? Also if you don't mind, what machine are you going to run it with?