Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ?

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #91  
Just this past summer I had the undercarriage blasted and painted on my 2017 F450 dump truck.The mag chloride they use on the roads up here is brutal on vehicles. I had that sprayed, my 2020 F450 Limited sprayed and we just got a 392 Jeep Rubicon that we also sprayed with what i think is called New Hampshire Oil. Its a black liquid that appears like it will last a year or two. It was 300 per vehicle so its not particularly expensive...considering it cost me 5K to blast and paint the dump undercarriage..

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ?
Brought the new F150 home Wednesday, decided not to have it undercoated. Other than the crazy high price I’m pretty happy with it, never owned such a high tech vehicle before so it’s going to take awhile to get used to using all those controls.
A couple pictures
1668300143392.jpeg

1668300270197.jpeg

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #94  
   / Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ?

The article seems to go back and forth recommending and not recommending rust proofing but here is the final paragraph
So should you buy a rustproofing package when buying a new car? “We don’t recommend rust proofing,” says Quincy. “It’s very likely a waste of money and almost all of the cost goes right into the pockets of the dealer.” Even third party rust-proofing is considered a bust, “after-market rust proofing is a waste of money regardless of who’s applying it,” says Quincy. “Factory rust proofing is all you need.”

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #97  
Don't be fooled unless you live in a rust belt.:rolleyes:.I will take my chances rust proofing all of my vehicles as I have done for the last 40 years.I see how my friend and families cars hold up without it rust proofing and the results are not good.
Exactly.
I've seen what the salt and brine do to vehicles here. (Older and newer)
All our vehicles get oiled. And it makes a HUGE difference.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #98  
Wool wax, fluid film + dusty road have worked well but I don't drive anything that fancy.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #99  
Don't be fooled unless you live in a rust belt.:rolleyes:.I will take my chances rust proofing all of my vehicles as I have done for the last 40 years.I see how my friend and families cars hold up without it rust proofing and the results are not good.
40 years ago it made sense. Today, you are throwing your money away. Do what you want with your money. The OP was buying a NEW truck. New trucks don't need it.

Anecdotal 'evidence' is like eyewitness accounts. People see what they want to see. The data just doesn't support rust proofing modern trucks.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #100  
40 years ago it made sense. Today, you are throwing your money away. Do what you want with your money. The OP was buying a NEW truck. New trucks don't need it.

Anecdotal 'evidence' is like eyewitness accounts. People see what they want to see. The data just doesn't support rust proofing modern trucks.
Just purchased a 2022 Ram and had Krown rustproofing installed.You are correct people see what they want to see & living here in Michigan I see MANY 6-8 year old vehicles that are rusted out that have not been rustproofed.IMHO for $139 per year investment its money well spent..😉😉

Last edited: