Oil feed to turbo

/ Oil feed to turbo #1  

daedong

Veteran Member
Hi, long time since I have been here but I am in need of help. An old well used DK50 has decided to not cooperate!
On the near side there is an oil feed pipe that runs up to the turbo. I sheared the Banjo bolt trying to nip it up because it was leaking. I got the sheared piece out and turned up a new bolt. but ever since the replacement it just continues to loosen. I have drilled a hole through the head of the bolt and threaded wire through the hole to stop it loosening but that has been unsuccessful. What do I try next? Thanks in advance.

/ Oil feed to turbo #3  
Did you replace the copper sealing washer with a new or properly annealed old one and then torqued the hollow bolt to proper specification? The bolt face will 'bite' into the copper sealing washer and prevent it from backing out.

/ Oil feed to turbo #4  
Red Locktite and the proper torque.

/ Oil feed to turbo #5  
Is there room to include a lock washer?
If not (probably on a banjo fitting) then a Star Washer

1668527314695.png

1668527355293.png

There's a bunch of different designs

/ Oil feed to turbo
I have used new annealed copper and also tried aluminium crush washers. I have not tried loctite yet as I fear if that does not work or I ever have to remove it again I will shear the banjo bolt. This morning I have cleaned up the thread and removed all possible oil from both threads and installed again with high temp silicone on the threads and a smear on the washers. Talk, no I have not I am just a doer! I cannot find the Banjo fitting in the workshop manual let alone a torque setting! I do hope the silicone will stop the banjo bolt from loosening. Thanks for everyone's input I will report back on outcome.