Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter?

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #121  
The earliest that I remember it here was about the 3rd week of October.
I remember having to use snowmobiles as the only way to get to deer camp in mid November. Definitely not this year, it was 70+ degrees 2 days ago now it's mid 30s and snowing however as others have noted signs of a long harsher winter, from previous yrs I've noted if the great lakes stay warmer later it usually means a lot more lake effect snow continuing later in the winter. I also believe it's the third yr in a row of lanina which also could mean a longer harsher winter in the great lakes region.
La Nina tends to cause warmer, rainier winters here. Perhaps I should buy a vacation home in the midwest someplace.

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #123  
The earliest that I remember it here was about the 3rd week of October.

La Nina tends to cause warmer, rainier winters here. Perhaps I should buy a vacation home in the midwest someplace.
El nino usually causes warmer shorter winters here.

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #124  
And I can remember hunting deer in Jericho, Vermont during Thanksgiving break and I HAD to wear snowshoes because the snow was waist deep. Forecast for this Thanksgiving is about 40°F.

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #125  
NOAA just issued a lake snow adversary for us.
--------------------------------------
1668449596194.png

Attachments

• 1668449477255.png
    1668449477255.png
    320.2 KB · Views: 62
   / Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #128  
And I can remember hunting deer in Jericho, Vermont during Thanksgiving break and I HAD to wear snowshoes because the snow was waist deep. Forecast for this Thanksgiving is about 40°F.
Snow on Thanksgiving isn't un-heard of, but certainly not common either. Even growing up in the 60s often as not bare ground, or an inch or two tops. How old were you when snow was waist deep?

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #130  
We are under the influence of a dying LaNina

The weather follows patterns so far since spring two weeks mild two weeks hot now two weeks cold two weeks mild. There will be a lot of variables this winter but by December cold will be extreme but only two weeks then mild for east mid west areas. Several polar vortexes will come negative NAO will be there as well. January a question mark right now.

The CPC is not something I put much faith in, look to weekly Euro,CMC,CFS, GEFS EXT and one will see what I’m talking about. In layman’s terms December will average colder and snowier overall