Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #71  
"I will call on Monday, and she said this sale is on top of her mind- and she will call me on Monday so I won't need to call.
Have to say This Gal was very professional and organized when I ordered and paid for the snow blower, just hoping that remains the case.

Am I out of line by Not having a warm and fuzzy feeling about this ?"

Well Monday has passed... NO CALL.

If a call does not come in before I get ready in the AM
I am going to drive to the dealer and speak with them in person.

Hopefully the blower will have arrived and be in their inventory in a crate with my name on it...

Snow incoming in the forecast

update edit : Nope no blower and don't even know if the unit is at the distribution center in Utah.
Snowing Hard.

Will be plowing with the FEL bucket.
I feel your pain. As frustrating as it is, it will get to you at some point and you will be happy with how it performs. In the meantime, I would send an email to the manufacturer and explain your timeline, expected delivery date, murky communications, and frustration of not knowing when it will be delivered. Ask them:

1. Has it been manufactured?
  2. Where is it now?
  3. When will you have it in your hands?
link for contact
WIFO Farm Equipment

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #72  
I have found that the only thing that works are explaining in detail that a registered letter will
be sent to the attorney general of your state of residence unless a full refund "of all funds"
spent by you that were given in a good faith purchase by you to

(insert dealer name address and phone number here on a separate double spaced line)
for the purchase of this snow blower are returned to me IN FULL" explaining line by line
your experience with this purchase detailing in great detail the following;

1. the date and day of the week of purchase of this snowblower
a. a copy of the sales receipt
b. a copy of the cancelled check or bank cashiers check
c. a copy of the tax exempt certificate for the purchase of this implement if applicable
2. detail of each phone call and the date of the phone call made by you inquiring as to when the snow blower will arrive

3. each and every visit you have made to this "dealer" and with whom you interacted with and thier response/explanation
when dealing with situations like this involving " needless delays" in delivery of this implement

Insert at the bottom of the letter the following;

CC: _______________ attorneys at law listing thier physical mail address.

You already have them at a disadvantage as they took your money and gave you a bill of sale in good faith "TO YOU"
and they have not delivered the 2 stage snow blower to you as promised by the delivery date.

Ask for a "complete refund of all funds spent by you in good faith including sales tax" and order a Pronovost, or
John Deere snow blower, call the Pronovost dealers in British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec
to see how soon they can get you a Pronovost PUMA TRX with options.

The threat of a letter to the state attorney generals consumer affairs office in your state always works.
You have not lost the war, only the first battle.

Do not except an explanation other than them sending you a full refund of the money spent by you.
If you had to pay sales tax for the purchase be sure to ask for a refund of the sales tax paid by you as well.

The power of the Pen does work my friend.

Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #73  
After all this I can just imagine how they are going to handle a warranty repair
let alone have OEM parts for a warranty repair for you.

You should ask for your money back as they do not have a legal leg to stand
on by the way and order a Pronovost puma P-720TRC with the rotating impeller drum.
I have thought about this since my Rant and since it is almost Thanksgiving "thinking" of letting this go until next week.
I am sure the 3 Gals working could tell I was not a happy camper.
Maybe she was able to confirm the status of the snow blower... but if so she never called after I left.

If I could do this over, this is what I would probably do as was suggested below earlier in this thread

1 Call and pay WIFO in Canada Directly.

2 Pick an alternate color instead of grey stock ship color ( which they offer)- that way it would be my designated blower. Something the local sales person actively discouraged when I ordered.

3 Paid WIFO directly
SD,
Not sure exactly where in N idaho you are but RDO (Kalispell) is listed as a dealer on Pronovost's website. Not close but not horrible distance. The other alternative is to do what i did and buy from a canadian dealer and import it yourself (NAFTA) I got a great deal by buying from an eastern Canadian dealer and having it shipped to a business just across the border. No duty due to NAFTA.
Hindsight is 20 20

Given the situation Now, wish I had heeded this advice.

Probably saved money and had the WIFO blower and even the color of choice as well weeks or even months ago...
I feel your pain. As frustrating as it is, it will get to you at some point and you will be happy with how it performs. In the meantime, I would send an email to the manufacturer and explain your timeline, expected delivery date, murky communications, and frustration of not knowing when it will be delivered. Ask them:

2. Where is it now?
link for contact
WIFO Farm Equipment

Believe me I have had the phone in my hand with the number ready to dial at least twice. An email does make more sense and then there is a paper trail.

Just felt it was backdooring the local dealer, but maybe I should email them, Still like the specs of the model and still want it.
Do Wonder what kind of response WIFO would have.

2. Where is it now?
link for contact
WIFO Farm Equipment

Well since I couldn't sleep stayed up late and did send WIFO an email...

Here is their response:

to me
Good morning Dan
I am sorry you have to keep asking in vain for your blower you have already paid for 3 month ago. But I can assure you we did ship an inverted 84” snow blower to the distribution center in Utah and that load arrived in Utah this past Monday Nov 21. I am not sure how the receiving process goes there in Utah we don’t have any control over that but I would think it shouldn’t take to long to sort through. I did forward you email over to management there in Utah so hopefully you will hear something in a short time.
The distribution center sends us there orders during July and august and its usually around 100 units and they really don’t give us any order in which ones they want done first we just build them accordingly how they fit into our schedule and we try to have them all done by End of November. And unfortunately yours happened to be in one of the later batches.

So I have blamed the local dealer for something that is really not their fault. It would appear that LS dealers have some kind of supply contract that allows a pooling or batch order which is finalized at the end of August by the Utah distribution center.

Does not look like there is anything that the local dealer could have done differently. My concern now is whether the distribution center will ship the inverted unit they received yesterday to N Idaho or wait for another final shipment from WIFO>
Even if I do get the one at the distribution center, My guess is it will not be put on a truck until next week with this being Thanksgiving weekend.

That puts the delivery into December a very likely outcome.

Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #74  
This still not acceptable in my view as they should
have provided you with a serial number and the
Location of the distribution center and made
arrangements for it to be delivered to you at thier
expense.

This is very much like calling a vet when your prize cows
are sick and down and them saying WEEEEEELLLLLLLLL.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #75  

2. Where is it now?
link for contact
WIFO Farm Equipment

Well , I still don't know since these "batch" orders are sent in July and August.
My order should have been close to the center of the ordering window actually.

Maybe the blower WIFO sent to Utah does have my name and order# on it.

It was ordered with the hydraulic rotator which is a no cost selection, but must be selected

and the Optional extra cost Hydraulic shoot deflector
for tractors with 2 remotes.

That alone should have put a special designation on the pallet/crate

In the end I want the model / brand/features ordered.

To start over now and change to a different brand would cost more now that demand is at a peak for blowers.
They did give a summer sale price with a few hundred off of the retail price and I don't believe the shipping costs have dropped in the last three months either.

Plowing with the FEL bucket forward and my Gannon box blade in reverse would be the same as the last 10 years.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #76  
I'm hoping you're getting closer to the end game (and I think you are). I know you will have a big smile on your face when it arrives, and you will love how it performs. Keep the faith.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #77  
Well , I still don't know since these "batch" orders are sent in July and August.
My order should have been close to the center of the ordering window actually.

Maybe the blower WIFO sent to Utah does have my name and order# on it.

It was ordered with the hydraulic rotator which is a no cost selection, but must be selected

and the Optional extra cost Hydraulic shoot deflector
for tractors with 2 remotes.

That alone should have put a special designation on the pallet/crate

In the end I want the model / brand/features ordered.

To start over now and change to a different brand would cost more now that demand is at a peak for blowers.
They did give a summer sale price with a few hundred off of the retail price and I don't believe the shipping costs have dropped in the last three months either.

Plowing with the FEL bucket forward and my Gannon box blade in reverse would be the same as the last 10 years.

What ever you do, don't refuse it if it's scratched! Thought I'd try and infuse some humor....

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #78  
I'm hoping you're getting closer to the end game (and I think you are). I know you will have a big smile on your face when it arrives, and you will love how it performs. Keep the faith.
Thanks I just sent a follow up request to WIFO with my sales order # and a question as to whether the unit they shipped had the options I ordered.

Also dug up the invoice and am kicking myself there as well... I had forgotten when the gal printed my invoice didn't look at until I got home rode my kawi Z900RS , It just has the blower model number and total price listed including sales tax.

I just wrote in on the invoice in pen when home the hydraulic deflector shipping tax and to be picked up by me at dealership and I will assemble

That will now probably bite me in the butt as well.
The deflector kit was not itemized on the invoice Although the internet ad that i got the phone number from was definitely discounted.

Today they have the price at $6623 + 417 for the hydraulic deflector so todays price $7040 plus shipping from Utah and sales tax so not much difference unless they demand more than about $700 shipping which is what it was in August

At this rate,
Maybe members can use me as an example of how Not to buy an implement...

Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #79  
You are a consumer that has made a high cost purchase that has been burned by bad business practices.

Your almost at $8000.00, I would still ask for a full refund and place an order with another dealer as
they have done you no good. They have no interest in making a promise and delivering more.
My vote is still for a pronovost-even a simple wider puma or a John Deere.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #80  
If he gets it in a week or so, he'll be happy, and we can all give it a rest. You've made your preference for Provonost quite clear. He gets to decide.