Worst Christmas gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Worst Christmas gifts #1  

bmg88201

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300
What would be the worst gift you received for Christmas ? My family stopped the gift giving 4 years ago but I can remember getting some useless things for Christmas. Like shirts that didn’t fit and I would never wear, Santa pajamas (I don’t wear pajamas, I cut them up for shop rags), can of shaving cream shaped like an elf (I use an electric shaver), a loaf of fruit cake which I threw out for the possums to eat. Some say it’s the thought that counts, I guess that’s true if thought was actually used, lol.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #3  
Not Christmas but birthday...around 1999?? I was dating a woman who got me a door mat and a cordless telephone with an answering machine. She didn't like my current answering machine and the door mat made me scratch my head. 🤷‍♂️ There was something else that was also without any thought. She broke up with me maybe a month later. Months later the base of the cordless phone stopped working. You could only dial from the handset.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #4  
Zit medicine.

:rolleyes:

It was well intentioned, but the last thing a 14 year old kid want's for a gift.
I got my wife a vacuum a couple years ago. She was actually excited when she opened it. It was a roomba

/ Worst Christmas gifts #5  
Not Christmas but birthday...around 1999?? I was dating a woman who got me a door mat and a cordless telephone with an answering machine. She didn't like my current answering machine and the door mat made me scratch my head. There was something else that was also without any thought. She broke up with me maybe a month later. Months later the base of the cordless phone stopped working. You could only dial from the handset.
Seems like she had other issues or the doormat had some passive-aggressive meaning behind it.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #6  
My family is heavy into gift cards. Not always bad but Academy Sports? I'm 72. What am I going to get at Academy besides ammo? The nearest store is a 50-mile trip.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #7  
My family is heavy into gift cards. Not always bad but Academy Sports? I'm 72. What am I going to get at Academy besides ammo? The nearest store is a 50-mile trip.
And they know that so maybe they looking for a little regifting 😊

/ Worst Christmas gifts #8  
Can you ever have enough ammo? They do have some decent sales on firearms around here. Local Academy is 65 miles one way but sometimes it worth the trip.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #9  
I'll tell this story, but in a way it's not the worst Christmas gift I ever got, if you consider that it was from my cousin, who was not only desperately poor at the time, but one of the most gracious, likeable, caring and beautiful human beings that ever lived (RIP).

It was Christmas about 1948; the extended family had drawn names and my cousin had gotten mine. I unwrapped it and it was a net bag, like about 3 lbs of onions come in, full of raw, in the shell peanuts...and a pair of cheap plastic "Lone Ranger" glasses that I think came free in a box of Cheerios. Me, being only about 10 years old, didn't appreciate her circumstances and immediately started crying. The adults all comforted me, and added a couple of fresh new $l.00 bills to the pot. I recovered completely.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #10  
I've purchased three firearms there and none were on sale. When you get there, they say they're sold out. Go back the next day and they have ten in the back--At regular price. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.