Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #161,941  
Good Morning,

Yesterday, I went to town for the afternoon with my buddy. Lunch at Wendy's, bought new lug nuts (x24) for my truck - hopefully these are better suited for the new to me rims.
Buddy tossed a tote full of sand over my icy driveway to make a safer path for everyone - that was awesome.
However, that sand is now under 5 inches of snow in the past 12 hrs.
I don't feel like doing much today - plans to go to town abandoned.
If / when the snow stops, I may get the tractor out for some plowing. Other than that, it is critter care, and stay inside doing paperwork.
I noticed that the nerve damage on my left arm / hand / fingers has been acting up again in the past week or so. Sometimes painful, but mostly inconvenient as I can't hold / grip even light items ... pen, paper. Probably mostly due to the cold. Arm is tired. It will improve.
Have a good and safe day everyone. 🤠

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #161,942  
cold peas on cheek, a very unhappy camper at moment, 5 stitches
could not preserve alien piece, had to basically grind it out. Vibrated my head like mad.
waiting for pain pill to kick in and maybe take a nap
better days ahead

/ Good morning!!!! #161,944  
I think I need to order some more battery minders to keep it all charged during winter. Currently have two of them hooked up and using a bigger one to rotate with. Any good suggestions?

I have had excellent experience with the Battery Minder brand.
Here is an excellent deal at Northern Tool.

/ Good morning!!!! #161,946  
   / Good morning!!!! #161,948  
Good "morning" all.

Looks like we had a significant upgrade to today's forecast while I was sleeping.

Sun is out and we're currently sitting at 62F ... :oops: ... and WU is calling for a high of 65F for the day ...:love:

May have had some rain earlier, snow is largely gone at this point.

Got Kubota out and carted gas over to the barn and got Cub refilled yesterday. Didn't have the key on me, so still need to go over and run it a little bit to get all the ethanol gas out of the lines.

Took some items from the barn up to the shop and grabbed the crown stapler and staples and brought those down to the house.

Noticed tree had fallen across the neighbor's fence (thankfully the old one, not the new one) so I texted him to let him know. He was at work and had some questions as to how bad it was, so I drove over there and took a couple of pics and sent them. He decided it wasn't bad enough for the cattle to get out.

Headed down to the corner after that and picked up 10 gallons of diesel.

Topped off the Kubota when I got back and put the remainder in the torpedo heater, which took it to about 3/4 full. Downloaded manual for heater, it's around 18 years old and really needs serviced, has started making some noise.

Did not get wood for the table unloaded (really still no room out there in the garage), but I did start to get things in the garage picked up and put away.

Got all the critter food (except for the whole corn) put away in their containers out in the garage.

Refilled hopper feeder, plus put out some cracked corn for the ground feeders.

Woman got into a "deep cleaning" of the main bathroom, She was very good and mindful of water usage and did not run the well dry.

I put up the shower curtains for Her once they were cleaned, as She is vertically-challenged.

Also drilled out an aluminum rivet in a solderless ground terminal on the Keurig, so that could be repaired.

She wanted to do a deep cleaning on the toaster which involved taking it apart. I told Her She was nuts. Removed 11 screws from that before discovering it isn't designed to be taken apart and putting it back together. Did manage to extract a large check of a Cinnamon Raisin Thomas English Muffin with a pair needle nose pliers though, reinstalled the crumb tray.

Got all the fishies fed, piscivores got fed shrimp again. The big fryeri is starting to get his colors back and starting to act like the dominant fish in the tank.

Woman made spaghetti with garlic toast for dinner which was very good.

She did manage to get over to the neighbors and collect that beef stroganoff. So I had some that later ... as an after dinner snack ... ;)

Ordered her a dough knife and a new silicone rubber mat from Amazon for rolling dough. Our current one, which is Tupperware, is marked © 1965 Rexall Drug and Chemical Corporation. It's starting to crack and has "memory" (won't unroll and lie flat)

Also ordered a new Honeywell Air Purifier to help with Her allergies. Amazon had it at a significant discount, $80 less than Menards.

Probably get back out to garage and continue straightening up out there here in a couple.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday ... (y)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #161,949  
fun email from friend along with pic of new Ukrainian postage stamp

Early in the Ukrainian war, defiant Ukrainians border guards on Snake
Island captured the world's attention when faced with annihilation by
the Russian warship Moskova, they recommended by radio that it go fornicate
itself, and, presumably, that its Russian officers and crew do the same.
The incident was widely reported, and full accounts can be easily found.

In a development that lends credibility to claims that Karma is fully
functional, the Moskova now rests at the bottom of the Black Sea

1672434039864.png

/ Good morning!!!! #161,950  
Snake island is back in Ukraine control but being attacked constantly by the Russians.