Gooseberry Pie.

/ Gooseberry Pie. #1  

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
When I was growing up on the farm we had a great neighbor that moved to Mississippi from Indiana to farm. They introduced me to Gooseberry pie and I just loved those things. My very Southern wife decided out of the blue to make me one this afternoon. Kind of scared to try it because she doesn’t know anything about a Gooseberry but it does look good. I will give it a go once it cools down. :ROFLMAO:

B6CAA140-D244-4461-ADA3-CCE4A63DF56F.jpeg

/ Gooseberry Pie. #2  
Damn looks good lad! Give er a try . . . (y)

/ Gooseberry Pie.
Be honest . . . does she read our TBN? :eek:
She has only a few post I have shared with her. But if I need to be honest then she definitely is a great cook! She does cooking segments on our local TV station. I will post a link to some of her segments. She is known as Mama Steph.

/ Gooseberry Pie.
Well it was not too bad. She could have used a little more sugar but still was pretty good. Maybe with more practice she will get it down. :ROFLMAO:

/ Gooseberry Pie. #10  
Hope she put a lot of sugar in it.
:LOL:
Years ago when my cooking skills were much less than now someone gave me some shredded rhubarb. Figured I use it to make a pie. Didn't realize how much sugar you needed to add to make it edible! Lesson learned!!! :ROFLMAO:

I remember my great-grandmother having a gooseberry bush when I was a kid. Don't think I've ever seen one since, lot of people have never even heard of them.