Let's see your knife.

/ Let's see your knife. #191  
My Dad had this to cut twine on hay bales. Now I use it the cut bags of coal among other things.

Love it cause it reminds me of him and how things used to be.

20230108_163041.jpg

/ Let's see your knife.
My Dad had this to cut twine on hay bales. Now I use it the cut bags of coal among other things.

Love it cause it reminds me of him and how things used to be.

View attachment 779225
That is the entire point of those keepsakes!

/ Let's see your knife. #194  
I have a knife collection acquired over the years, now sequestered in a drawer. Guess I'll have to get it out and take some photos some day. In any case, I have one of these, rather unusual I think...a German paratrooper's knife. Mine doesn't have the swastika.

1673793986848.png

/ Let's see your knife.
I have a knife collection acquired over the years, now sequestered in a drawer. Guess I'll have to get it out and take some photos some day. In any case, I have one of these, rather unusual I think...a German paratrooper's knife. Mine doesn't have the swastika.

View attachment 779333
That reminded me that I had a knife like that (no swastika) once years and years ago. Had completely forgotten about it. Can’t remember what happened to it either.

/ Let's see your knife. #196  
That reminded me that I had a knife like that (no swastika) once years and years ago. Had completely forgotten about it. Can’t remember what happened to it either.
I have been playing with knives since I was 10 years old . They would systematically disappear from my room and I thought as a young buck I was just misplaceing them . Then a couple years later I fiquered out my mom was "takin " them in an attempt to keep me out of trouble . Like Merle Haggard sung about " Momma Tried " !

/ Let's see your knife. #197  
I have a small slim stainless gentlemans folding buck my grandpa pocket carried. He died when I was a boy so I'm happy to have this now.

Attachments

• IMG_3059.JPG
    IMG_3059.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3060.JPG
    IMG_3060.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 63
   / Let's see your knife.
I have been playing with knives since I was 10 years old . They would systematically disappear from my room and I thought as a young buck I was just misplaceing them . Then a couple years later I fiquered out my mom was "takin " them in an attempt to keep me out of trouble . Like Merle Haggard sung about " Momma Tried " !
That could be what happened.

/ Let's see your knife. #200  
Here's a few of mine. CRKT, Small Craftsman, Small Case, Camillus electrician, and smaller Camillus.
The Camillus electrician I bought from Camillus Cutlery in 1983, the small Camillus I found in my Dads toolbox back in 1990, Craftsman I bought at Sears in the 70's and the Case also in the 70's. CRKT I got from a neighbor after her husband passed.

Attachments

• crkt.jpg
    crkt.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
  • DSCN2321.JPG
    DSCN2321.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • DSCN2322.JPG
    DSCN2322.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 76