Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,581  

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,582  

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,585  

Sounds like the price cap of 55,000 has been moved to $80,000 by the IRS. So this means any model Y is will be subject to the rebate based on the laws. Governing the rebates. Most likely that will apply to the Ford Mach E and others.
I have to wonder if Tesla will Up the prices very soon since the tax break cap has been raised....

Several people over on the Tesla motors forum switched their orders to the Model Y performance option and others to the 4680 AWD option this morning.

Apparently quite a few of the Giga casting 4680 structural battery pack Model Y's are sitting as in stock inventory.

Like you Gale I will stick with the older design 2170 (serviceable pack) less unknowns down the road after this car is out of warranty.
The performance option makes no sense for me with those No side wall wheel / tires, lowered ride height, and stiffer suspension - our roads pot holes would eat them for lunch.

I have decided to stay pat and wait for my build.

A couple posters have received updated Estimated delivery dates in mid February ( that were ordered on 1/15) with the same build as mine, so Looks hopeful my car will be delivered before the March tax break possible cut off.

Yippy :)

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,586  
Ok, so what is the real reason the government is borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars to spend on pushing the EV agenda?
I started to reply but realized that (once again) I was moving into the realm of politics. So I deleted it as I don't want to be the reason the thread gets shut down. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,587  
It's a cat/mouse game.

Kinda like the Feds interest rate hikes......

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,588  
I have to wonder if Tesla will Up the prices very soon since the tax break cap has been raised....

Several people over on the Tesla motors forum switched their orders to the Model Y performance option and others to the 4680 AWD option this morning.

Apparently quite a few of the Giga casting 4680 structural battery pack Model Y's are sitting as in stock inventory.

Like you Gale I will stick with the older design 2170 (serviceable pack) less unknowns down the road after this car is out of warranty.
The performance option makes no sense for me with those No side wall wheel / tires, lowered ride height, and stiffer suspension - our roads pot holes would eat them for lunch.

I have decided to stay pat and wait for my build.

A couple posters have received updated Estimated delivery dates in mid February ( that were ordered on 1/15) with the same build as mine, so Looks hopeful my car will be delivered before the March tax break possible cut off.

Yippy :)
I do hope you get a VIN number soon.

People upgrading from the model Y dual motor long range which gives them 3.5 seconds to zero to 60 versus 4.8 seconds for the regular model Y like we ordered does boggle my mind. Perhaps 72-year-old person just does not look at the same things the way the 32 or 42-year-old looks at it. Actually I would be just as fine with our Tesla is if it was the zero to 60 was 6 or 7 seconds. The upside that appeals to me in our cars is the stronger regen that comes from the larger dual motors. If buying a used one 10 years down the road, the performance model would not be on my short list because of greater potential abuse. I just watched the video below and it seems like both EVs and ICE car sales may be in for a world of hurt.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,589  
Ok, so what is the real reason the government is borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars to spend on pushing the EV agenda?
So that our Enlightened Rulers can make a name for themselves. Have to push out the old to move the new in, the new whom you control. The thing is they can't believe Elon Musk isn't one of them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,590  
The Amish don't use lightbulbs.
Such universal statements are never true. Some Amish do. Amish and Mennonites drive automobiles around here, none with chrome or whatever chrome is painted flat black. Windows will be down during the summer because they will not use the air conditioning. In some places they are not allowed pneumatic tires on tractors. Some will not speak on a wired telephone but will use a cellphone.