Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,591  
There are and have been hydrogen filling stations like these for years all over the world.
Hard to back that claim of "all over the world".

Just think of my "range anxiety" if I drove an H2 automobile?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,592  
Such universal statements are never true. Some Amish do. Amish and Mennonites drive automobiles around here, none with chrome or whatever chrome is painted flat black. Windows will be down during the summer because they will not use the air conditioning. In some places they are not allowed pneumatic tires on tractors. Some will not speak on a wired telephone but will use a cellphone.
Well, Mennonites aren't Amish, so the comments don't pertain to them. The Amish around here do not drive cars. They can own them for business purposes, and by law, the car has to have working lights, so that's not by choice. They are forced by law to put electric blinkers on their buggies, so that's not by choice either. I've never seen a lightbulb in an Amish home for the purpose of providing light.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,593  
I do hope you get a VIN number soon.

People upgrading from the model Y dual motor long range which gives them 3.5 seconds to zero to 60 versus 4.8 seconds for the regular model Y like we ordered does boggle my mind. Perhaps 72-year-old person just does not look at the same things the way the 32 or 42-year-old looks at it. Actually I would be just as fine with our Tesla is if it was the zero to 60 was 6 or 7 seconds. The upside that appeals to me in our cars is the stronger regen that comes from the larger dual motors. If buying a used one 10 years down the road, the performance model would not be on my short list because of greater potential abuse. I just watched the video below and it seems like both EVs and ICE car sales may be in for a world of hurt.
Glad we ordered when we did Gale.

Sure enough...

Tesla raised prices again, by one to two K today depending on vehicle.

That settles it , not changing my order in any way.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,594  
Glad we ordered when we did Gale.

Sure enough...

Tesla raised prices again, by one to two K today depending on vehicle.

That settles it , not changing my order in any way.
Thanks for the price increase heads up of $2,000 on our Model Y's.

This price increase on my second new car in my 72 years reminds me of my first new car purchase in 1973. In March I paid $2150 for my new Datsun 1200 that included shipping from Japan. Six months later Nixon declared the USD to be over priced and at the stroke ot a pen it cost over $2700.00.

Maybe in 2073 history will repeat on my 3rd new car purchase. :)

Sometimes buying new leaves more money in the bank.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,595  
Well, Mennonites aren't Amish, so the comments don't pertain to them. The Amish around here do not drive cars. They can own them for business purposes, and by law, the car has to have working lights, so that's not by choice. They are forced by law to put electric blinkers on their buggies, so that's not by choice either. I've never seen a lightbulb in an Amish home for the purpose of providing light.
Same here. And they can't have a phone in their house. If they have one it's in a box on the pole or in a toilet looking shack.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,596  
I went over to my Amish neighbor's last summer to talk to them about their cow in my garden and I heard somebody start talking. Initially I couldn't figure out where she was until I saw a foot sticking out of the doorway of their phone booth near the driveway.
Also Amish do have pickup trucks here, they're just in the form of a nice 75 hp tractor pulling a cargo trailer down the road.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,597  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,598  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,599  
Candidly, I don't care. CO is a necessary ingredient for photosynthesis without it, nothing grows.....

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,600  
Canada has more forests now than it did in the 60s and with global warming our forests will grow further north, helping to absorb even more CO2...actually considering the greenies think Canada represents 2 % of all man made CO2 ......but if we subtracted our managed forests CO2 absorbed, we are not even a factor, ( maybe Asia should be paying us to keep our forests so managed) So I have no problem ethically driving a ICE or eating local beef etc etc.