Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,151  
The "Farm" got hit hard with ice. I grabbed this photo from their Facebook page. They are still without electricity and will remain close. They removed 30 trailers of limbs just today and have plenty more.
327782120_470265621983223_728771581888643202_n.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #164,152  
Good evening all. 27ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind, clear sky, and high temp was 53ºF. Cleaned ash and revived fire to start day. Puttered during morning, then off to town for lunch, meds and groceries. Was able to get everything on list. Bike ride outside around lake, was very nice to ride outside again. Revived fire again for the evening.
Frits Good to know about Mr Cool.
Bill -24ºF is cold Hydraulic oil heater sounds like good idea at those temps.
David good to hear laundry room will progress in stages.
Dennis never had WiFi printer drop out. Wonder if Printer has Wifi glitch
Ron sorry about the bottled water issue, hope you can get more next week.Congrats on new TV and finding issue with A/V receiver. Hope new TV install goes well. Bird got a nice hunk of suet.
Frits good luck with Apple TV box and IMAC wipe.
Phil good to hear wife's vioce starting to return. prayers sent. Hope the brace ad exercise help thumbs.Hope burger grilling goes ok, kinda cold to be outside. Neat projects
Paul I have always had printers on fixed IP address.
Billy glad snow was pretty. Sorry about the hike going overtime. Hiking rocky trails in dark no fun. Nice pic of state line
Mike hope ground is solid enough for firewood work. Murphy's law is the answer to why concrete in wrong place.
Billy neat pic.
Dennis Dennis never had a problem printing to printer with static IP. May need some driver/port reconfig depending on printer and OS.
Drew glad no accidents picking up host's wife. No wonder so many wrecks on wet or icy roads. We thawed out here nicely today.
Dave you got cold and we warmed up.
Dennis hope temp stays positive.
Paul hope you stayed positive temps as well. GS is growing like Zoe. Glad you were able to find leak. Hope taking Zoe to vet no big deal.
Kilroy hope you don't miss out on plant sale. Good luck catching up GM thread.
Paul thanks for wifi printer story.
Dennis hope that solves your printer problem. Hope wire fishing goes well. Hope new boss as good as old boss. Sorry to hear about family health problems, prayers sent.
RS hope drill press made it's appearance. Hope you can get leak on shower plumbing worked out and fixed. Also hope you get electric layout improved.
Bill hope the cold does in the black flies. Hope the tractor returns and works fine with no leaks. Could have been undetected bad spot in line as well.
Ken glad wire project coming along. My HP is 12-15 YO. did replace print head last year for first time.
Buppies wind no wind damage, good to hear warm up soon. prayers sent.
Don glad to hear oak limb taken care of. Good to hear you are advancing through the app. Hope stores are restocked. Hope you are not hurt by widow makers.
Scotty 71 standard t-shirt weather here. Good to hear weeds getting sprayed.
Frits hope you and wife can stay warm. Sorry about wife not able to get in van. Prayers sent. Work politics suck.
Dennis sorry about air in water lines. Good luck checking problem out and fixing it.
Frits glad story had happy ending even if you did not end up at car.
Buppies thanks for heads up, forecasting much more rain than last event. Care to expand on exciting?
James that is cold
Jim good to hear barn is progressing. Sorry about all the stuff you and Liz have, hope you both can thin some stuff out.
David hope say went as planned and H&F was fun
Mike not slacking if you get weathered out :)
Drew nice pic glad you can enjoy the WX.
Jim neat pics thanks for posting
Don our lake down only 3 or 4 inches. You got much more water than I did.
Don sorry about all the downed limbs on the trails.
Thomas sorry no date night. Glad you got nap with no kittens. Desert sounds good.
Lou good to hear no problems with diesel so far.
Don looks good.
Dennis glad no air in waters today, Hate it when they don't use mailbox for mail. Nice kitty pics
Billy sorry about not spotting balloon.
Jim that is moving along.
Randy(wag) glad you got branches done. Hope you got to mow.
Buppies that is moving
RS nice looking drill press, hope it works out for you. Hope the equipment arrangement works for you.
Bill good to hear tractor delivered as promised.
PJ plenty cold up there. Glad you are warming up tomorrow. Hope the fence upgrade goes well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's voice, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,153  
Good morning, the low temperature is -25 and the high will be 16°F. Wind WSW 5 mph. After it warms up a bit we are expecting about an inch of snow.

This IS an odd winter, check is 55 miles by road south east of me and he has gotten more snow and more deep cold.

I think today will be an energy conservation day. I did what I had to do when the tractor came back because of a commitment to the neighbours. I have no such commitment to myself. My driveway will get cleaned out, when I get around tuit and the temperature WILL be on the + side of zero.

Have a safe day all

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #164,154  
Good morning,

-16°F now, highs in the low to mid teens with sunshine and west winds 15-25 mph, gusts around 40. Supposed to warm to the 40’s tomorrow and the rest of the week.

No dump run this morning, closed due to cold/wind. Good, I wouldn’t want to be out there today either! People will surely b*tch and moan that they are inconvenienced but that seems to be a national pastime now a days.

Nothing planned for today except to help the mrs with a beef stew and some fresh bread.

stay safe and well

/ Good morning!!!! #164,158  
Drinking first cup of HOT coffee. 8° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 31° with mix of sun and clouds. Yesterday I got started on last years paper work. Then did a whole pile of paper shredding. Today will be the same. Neighbor will be coming over to help remove old TV and set new one in place on wall mount.
GKgk7Wu.jpg

Looking and others, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!❄️

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,159  
The "Farm" got hit hard with ice. I grabbed this photo from their Facebook page. They are still without electricity and will remain close. They removed 30 trailers of limbs just today and have plenty more.
View attachment 782265
Ugh, Looks similar around here. Not quite as bad. Hopefully, not too many snapped. Most of my trees recovered once the ice melted. Good luck !

/ Good morning!!!! #164,160  
9F and partly cloudy @ 05:30, headed up to around 35F for the high. Definitely on the upswing temperature-wise - by Tuesday they are calling for a high of 51F.

Fell asleep on the couch after shower last night, woke up at some point and went on to bed. Woke up there around 02:00 got up and took a leak (forgot to take meds yesterday) and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up, made a cup of kaffee con leche, and proceeded to go down the YouTube rabbit hole.

This one from Stumpy Nubs on dust collection in the workshop is for David:

After watching a few videos I went back and warmed up my now half cup in the micro, fed the little beggar some treats (twice), and flipped the switch out in the garage on the torpedo heater.

I'll throw some clothes here in a minute or so and head out there and see what mischief I can get into.

Unsure of agenda(s) for the rest of the day.

When I ran down to the hardware I noticed that someone had removed our recycle and trash cans up at the road ... MIA, Nada, Zippo ...

Last time this happened it was contractors working at the house next door that had recently sold to a flipper but they just dragged them over to that driveway.

This time there isn't hide nor hair of them.

Might go up to that house later and have a look in through the garage window and see if someone stuck them in there under the assumption that they belonged to that house.

At any rate, The Woman called the trash hauler and they'll deliver new ones sometime on Tuesday. Unfortunately, pick up is usually very early Tuesday morning ... 🤬

Hope everyone has a great Saturday ... (y)