Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #51  
2019 GMC 2500 Denali Duramax 4x4
2016 GMC Yukon Denali 4x4* (Replaced by a 2020 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4x4 - hope it's just as good)
2011 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4

Honorable Mention - 1997 Chevy K1500 Ext Cab z71 5.7

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #52  
Not in any particular order:

1966 Chevy C20 long bed stepside. 292ci with 4 speed and 4.56 gear with factory overload springs. Mpg same loaded or empty, put over 300K on it before I sold it. Biggest mistake I every made. Always said if you could anchor it good enough you could turn the world backwards, could that truck pull! Would buy it back tomorrow if I could find it.

2010 Tundra double cab, loaded, sweetest ride EVER! Main use was pulling the camper coast to coast until we sold the camper just before Covid hit. Now the heaviest work it does is haul my fat a-- around. Averages 18mpg mixed driving and have seen 23mpg on long trips (manually calculated).

1992 GMC K3500, 7.4L extended cab, flatbed, just a dependable ole worker. Averages 12mpg empty and 10mpg loaded.

I know it suppose to be three but two honorable mentions: 1985 S10 Chevy and 1995 S15 GMC both were daily drivers with close to 400K before they were traded off.

Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #53  
Thanks jjeff for starting this thread, very interesting reminiscing......now most here have avoided brand bashing, so lets maybe keep it that way so we can continue on a positive note. :)

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #54  
I'll start with the worst.
1977 GMC 2500 Sierra Grande 350 4barrel carb.
10mpg.
Bottom of the door fell off at 2 years old from rust, 30,000 miles.
4 years old and 47000 miles the body shop told me there wasn't anything to weld to for a body job. It would need all new body panels, door skins, floor pans etc.

Ford at that time had a bad rap for rotting out.
I bought a new 81 f150. drove it for 12 years and when I sold it on the body was still perfect. Not a spec of surface rust.
Fords ever since. I've had 1993, 1998, 2005, 2013 and now on with a 2020.
I've either been really lucky or they just build a good truck, but nothing to really complain about.
Don't really like the idea of eco boost engines, small displacement doing a lot of work. I always get the V8.
Good old dinosaur power.

Loved my fathers late 40s Dodge stake truck.
The whine of the tranny as you went through the gears. You couldn't just slam through them.
Each shift was a process and seemed to take forever by modern standards.
And the whine of the reverse gear backing up to the loading dock.
With a load on you only got upto about 45-50 mph.
Going to the canning factory there was a big hill you couldn't avoid. If you got a good run at it you could get to the top in second. If not you would end up in 1st crossing your fingers that you could make it at all

Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #56  
Mercedes Unimog model 404

IMG_0616.jpeg

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #57  
1. My current 2016 F150. In seven years/70,000 miles all I've had to do is change oil/filters and rotate tires...and average 20.5 mpg over its life.

2. My current 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually. All those years and only repair has been a water pump. It averages 14.3 mpg while hauling a big cabover camper and towing a Jeep on a trailer.

3. 1972 International 1 ton flatbed. Put that truck through hell for years and it just kept on running. Wish now I had kept it just to use as a beater farm truck!
2018-11-27-0001r.jpg

To me, dependability is key. I live too far away from any dealers/mechanics to be having a rig worked on all the time.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #58  
1. 1996 Chevrolet 2500
Still own this one, but ABS issues have caused some irritating brake issues.

2. 2007 Ford Ranger - 3.0 V6
Amazingly reliable pickup and did plenty of work for it's size, my wife rolled this truck last year, and it amazingly survived, I rolled it the same year..... It's dead in my driveway now, pending scrap pick up.

3. 1992 Ford F450/SuperDuty truck with Crane - IDI 7.3
Never would have sold it if it was a flatbed w/crane and not a damn service truck, loved the crane. Slow as hell.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #59  
FIAT doesn’t own RAM anymore. :sleep::rolleyes:
Do you say “CumminGs” too? :)

Funny thing about the FIAT and now Stellantis ownership of RAM. They have only gotten better and are now kicking Ford & GM’s teeth in.
Ram market share was once a distant 3rd place, now about a full 1/3rd market share in trucks.

Volkswagen buys International Harvester and fixes them.
Isuzu fixes GM diesel truck engines, too.

I see a pattern here.
The "Cummings" is the only thing good about them, too bad they come with a dog-ge wrapped around them! lol

SR