Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,781  
There is a stack of logs here somewhere....

By the way - I like your woodshed set-up Citydude. Is that one almost empty bay your usage so far this year. Looks about the same as mine.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,782  
I don't find that my drilling has a vastly more complicated trigger configuration than any other double BBl. gun.

That is, in how it's built...

SR
That gun l showed has 3 calibers.

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,783  
I know what you mean

View attachment 788882

gg
You guys got slugged w snow while my neck of the woods got nada.
lt is my worst year for skidding l ever had if l’m considering snow as the best surface to skid ..on.
That would make two days for skidding and only for a few hrs each time as the temps neared 50 each day.
Wood lot turned into a soggy mess
Lucky if l dragged in two cords.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,784  
By the way - I like your woodshed set-up Citydude. Is that one almost empty bay your usage so far this year. Looks about the same as mine.

gg
I want to build a similar one but larger to fit equipment in. I think the struggle will be making it enough to keep the machinery protected, but not to o comfortable to house vermin! I like the sliding barn door idea!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,785  
That gun l showed has 3 calibers.
That has nothing to do with the triggers or how they are set-up.

It's set up the same as mine, and in fact, I can fire different cartridges in mine,

P1000227-S.jpg

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,786  
^^^^^
Interesting. How does that rimfire insert work? I presume it has rifling going partway down the barrel.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,787  
^^^^^
Interesting. How does that rimfire insert work? I presume it has rifling going partway down the barrel.
There are different kinds of Krieghoff inserts, all of them are very high quality, shoot to the sights. are repeatable and quite accurate.

The rimfire insert in the pict. (I have more than one for this drilling) shoots about as accurate as a decent bolt action 22, and it goes in and comes out very easily, with a "key" that unlocks it. It ALWAYS go back into place, so it's always sighted to the sights when needed.

When you are out in the bush for extended periods of time, hunting or trapping,

Interior-Moose-Hunt.jpg

it's handy to have a rimfire insert in your pack to keep the camp in food without a lot of noise when hiking.

These days, I use it on and off for small game.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,788  
I want to build a similar one but larger to fit equipment in. I think the struggle will be making it enough to keep the machinery protected, but not to o comfortable to house vermin! I like the sliding barn door idea!

I don't know if there is a way to keep vermin out. You would not believe the number of mouse nests, snake skins, and nut/seed piles I find as I empty it out during the winter. My shed is probably 60' from the house and I have no problem with critters in the house. I do bring in a lot of stink bugs (pine seed bugs) on the wood but they don't bite and are big and clumsy and easy to catch/flush. Critters might prefer the nice dry wood to a machine ????

gg

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,789  
I don't know if there is a way to keep vermin out. You would not believe the number of mouse nests, snake skins, and nut/seed piles I find as I empty it out during the winter. My shed is probably 60' from the house and I have no problem with critters in the house. I do bring in a lot of stink bugs (pine seed bugs) on the wood but they don't bite and are big and clumsy and easy to catch/flush. Critters might prefer the nice dry wood to a machine ????

gg
Last year found number tics in bark also where the wood was stack,need to be careful when bring wood into basement.