Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,771  
Thankyouverymuch, over the years, it's put a LOT of meat in my freezer!

Here's the last thing that above turkey saw,

P1000145.jpg

lol high brass #6's does the trick...

SR
It looks like it would accept choke tubes, I did not know they were available in the 30s

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,773  
I had those made/installed along with the chokes I wanted.

SR
I kinda figured it was custom. Beautiful gun. I love old side by sides, I have an Ithaca Lefever 16ga single trigger, given to me when I was 12 years old, 61 years ago. Spent many hours in the woods and fields with that gun. Don't hunt small game anymore, but I would never part with it.
Bill

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,774  
I kinda figured it was custom. Beautiful gun. I love old side by sides, I have an Ithaca Lefever 16ga single trigger, given to me when I was 12 years old, 61 years ago. Spent many hours in the woods and fields with that gun. Don't hunt small game anymore, but I would never part with it.
Bill
I favor over and unders myself. The drilling you see here is a 3 barrel and much more complicated in its trigger configuration.
We are in agreement that it is indeed a real beautiful and special gun.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,775  
Have you guys considered starting a gun thread?

I don't mind a bit of topic drift - In fact, I often contribute to it myself. However, there seems to be enough interest in the subject to merit a dedicated thread. It would make things easier to find when trying to search out "who was the member who had "X", rather than getting them lost in a thread that is already many hundreds of pages long.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,776  
I favor over and unders myself. The drilling you see here is a 3 barrel and much more complicated in its trigger configuration.
We are in agreement that it is indeed a real beautiful and special gun.
I don't find that my drilling has a vastly more complicated trigger configuration than any other double BBl. gun.

That is, in how it's built...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,777  
I don't mind the diversion until the thread gets going again on the original subject. I appreciate seeing that gun while the thread is slow. Work of art.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,778  
Have you guys considered starting a gun thread?

I don't mind a bit of topic drift - In fact, I often contribute to it myself. However, there seems to be enough interest in the subject to merit a dedicated thread. It would make things easier to find when trying to search out "who was the member who had "X", rather than getting them lost in a thread that is already many hundreds of pages long.

Actually there already is one John. It looks very popular too with almost 12,000 posts. It's in Rural Living and called "Todays Gun Time".

It seems interest in wood wanes for much of the year -- unfortunately.

gg