Getting crushed rock back on driveway

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #1  

bookman51

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmall 340
My first time post here. Each year no matter how much I try, when blading snow off my driveway, I end up getting crushed rock and gravel into the grass. I have a couple hundred feet of driveway so it takes some time to handrake the rock and gravel back on. I do have several vintage and antique tractors. I am wonderif there is a tractor attachment that can be used effectively to easily get the crushed rock and gravel back on to the driveway.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #2  

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway
Thanks, I would like to see how it works to pull rock back on to the road.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #4  
I have a 7' landscape rake very similar to one shown above. My "driveway" is ¼ mile long.

Couple times a year I need to bring the rock back onto the drive that have been forced off. It takes a little practice but if you turn the rake @ 45° angle and set one side a little lower than the other, you can bring gravel back up onto the drive. (It will take several passes, and you'll get a little dirt with it, but the more passes you make the cleaner it will get) The dirt washes thru in a couple of rains. The trick is to set the rake draft so it doesn't dig deep into the soil. In other words, don't try to do it in one or two passes. I usually take 5-6 light passes.

I've found it's better to try to bring the rock back up onto the drive after it rains, rather than when its dusty dry.

Just my 2¢.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #5  
Having gauge wheels helps.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #6  
Are you using a 3-point mounted blade on a tractor to clear the snow?? If so - try this next year. You may be trying to blade the snow before the driveway freezes up hard.

Reverse the rear blade 180 degrees. Blade the snow using the blade this way until the driveway gets good and hard.

You will find a whole lot less gravel in your grass.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #9  
1680172137531.jpeg

Buy and use one of these. After two more seasons you might decide to stop plowing your gravel into the grass. Hint - it's an operator issue - you need to change what you are already doing to fix the problem.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #10  
Years ago I stopped plowing down to the gravel, some times that means not plowing at all..i havent moved gravel back into my driveway in years.