Getting crushed rock back on driveway

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway
I have a 7' landscape rake very similar to one shown above. My "driveway" is ¼ mile long.

Couple times a year I need to bring the rock back onto the drive that have been forced off. It takes a little practice but if you turn the rake @ 45° angle and set one side a little lower than the other, you can bring gravel back up onto the drive. (It will take several passes, and you'll get a little dirt with it, but the more passes you make the cleaner it will get) The dirt washes thru in a couple of rains. The trick is to set the rake draft so it doesn't dig deep into the soil. In other words, don't try to do it in one or two passes. I usually take 5-6 light passes.

I've found it's better to try to bring the rock back up onto the drive after it rains, rather than when its dusty dry.

Just my 2¢.
Thanks. I appreciate the good advice

Years ago I stopped plowing down to the gravel, some times that means not plowing at all..i havent moved gravel back into my driveway in years.
Not plowing is not an option where the drifts are too high get through with a four-wheel drive pickup. And even if I make it through, packed down snow can become icy with freezing and thawing. Light snow is not too bad, but with heavy wet snow, it seems the snow picks up the crushed rock. I have several blades. A couple I have put pipe on the cutting edge so the blade will not cut into the ground. A coupe I have skid plates on, but with wet snows I am still picking up rock.

Something like this

It is a thought. Kind of pricy, and I checked to see if I could rent one locally. No one has them. There are Stihl dealers in my nearest town of 30,000, but not have them in stock. Thanks

Having gauge wheels helps.

Thanks, I tried to rent one last year and none available locally. I would like to give them a try before I buy.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #15  
The power rake shown in post #8 works better then anything else mentioned.
I have considered something like this;
1680222565834.png

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #16  
HA, ha - that's exactly what I was thinking Mikester - post#9. It's technique not a new tool.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #17  
My experiance with the york rake is that it moves a lot of dirt and sod trying to get gravel out of grass.

The power rake shown in post #8 works better then anything else mentioned.
I have considered something like this;
View attachment 792208
Thanks, I have checked in to renting one but none available at the time tried. Never know when might show up at an auction.

My experiance with the york rake is that it moves a lot of dirt and sod trying to get gravel out of grass.
Thanks

HA, ha - that's exactly what I was thinking Mikester - post#9. It's technique not a new tool.
Well last year when we had no snow in central Nebraska, no problem. This year with several snows and somtimes some pretty good drifts, it is hard not end up with some crushed rock off the road. The wet heavy snows are the worst because I think the snow picks up loose rock as the snow is moved.