New to me Ford 2810

/ New to me Ford 2810 #1  

PM Wells

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM 2402D - 1957 Farmall Cub - 1951 Farmall Cub - 1989 Ford 2810
Just bought a Ford 2810 tractor that is in reasonable good original condition. Brakes need adjusting, pedals go pretty much all the way down, but will stop the tractor. Need some advice on adjustment. Thanks

Attachments

• 3803565C-CC93-4D23-BF85-2F78C51A4F90.jpeg
    3803565C-CC93-4D23-BF85-2F78C51A4F90.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 85
  • FF3C14EB-5B58-447B-AD3B-46E2C11FE3D6.jpeg
    FF3C14EB-5B58-447B-AD3B-46E2C11FE3D6.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 90
   / New to me Ford 2810 #2  
Just bought a Ford 2810 tractor that is in reasonable good original condition. Brakes need adjusting, pedals go pretty much all the way down, but will stop the tractor. Need some advice on adjustment. Thanks
Congratulations on getting a Ford 2810! The 10 Series Ford's, in my opinion, are some of the best tractors ever made. We have a 4610 that is still a workhorse on our ranch.

I haven't adjusted brakes on ours but I think you just shorten the linkage to account for wear. Jack one tire up, shorten the linkage and have somone push on the pedal, until you can just barely move the wheel then back off a turn or two so there is no resistance. Repeat on the other side. Then check to make sure that when you stop, that brakes do not pull to one side. If they do redo the side that the tractor pulls to. It's a trial and error process.

/ New to me Ford 2810
Congratulations on getting a Ford 2810! The 10 Series Ford's, in my opinion, are some of the best tractors ever made. We have a 4610 that is still a workhorse on our ranch.

I haven't adjusted brakes on ours but I think you just shorten the linkage to account for wear. Jack one tire up, shorten the linkage and have somone push on the pedal, until you can just barely move the wheel then back off a turn or two so there is no resistance. Repeat on the other side. Then check to make sure that when you stop, that brakes do not pull to one side. If they do redo the side that the tractor pulls to. It's a trial and error process.
That makes sense, guess I am used to the drum brakes. I did look it over today, and can see the adjuster linkage, thanks for your help. I had a 2810 in the mid nineties that was in new like condition, never had to do anything to it, so didn't learn anything about working on it. Thanks again.

/ New to me Ford 2810
That makes sense, guess I am used to the drum brakes. I did look it over today, and can see the adjuster linkage, thanks for your help. I had a 2810 in the mid nineties that was in new like condition, never had to do anything to it, so didn't learn anything about working on it. Thanks again.
Ok brake adjustment turned out to be a piece of cake. Loosened the lock nut and took up about 1/8 in of the threads and have good pedal now on both sides, tighten lock nut, drive around checking each brake pedal to make sure it is not grabbing on either side.

/ New to me Ford 2810
I really like these Ford tractors, this is the second 2810 I have had, had 3 3930s and one 3910, for me they are some of the best tractors ever made. This 2810 was a two owner, it is a 89 model, the first owner having it about 20 yrs. It has 1566 hrs on a working tach, and is in really good condition, it will need rear tires before too long. really satisfied with it.

/ New to me Ford 2810
Hydraulic fluid recomendation for the Ford 2810, prices from 44.95 5 gal. to 146.00 for 5 gal 134b and 134c I know normally you get what you pay for, but are some of the cheaper fluids as good as the higher priced fluids

/ New to me Ford 2810 #8  
Hydraulic fluid recomendation for the Ford 2810, prices from 44.95 5 gal. to 146.00 for 5 gal 134b and 134c I know normally you get what you pay for, but are some of the cheaper fluids as good as the higher priced fluids

Congrats on the brake adjustment.

If the fluids meet the Ford M2C134X spec for your tractor, then you're good to go. The NH Ambra is pretty expensive and if you have a Costco near you, they carry (at least in my area) a premium transhydraulic fluid that meets the Ford spec. Most of these fluids are in the range of $65 to $90 for a 5 gallon pail. You might want to consider replacing the hydraulic filter also.

/ New to me Ford 2810
Congrats on the brake adjustment.

If the fluids meet the Ford M2C134X spec for your tractor, then you're good to go. The NH Ambra is pretty expensive and if you have a Costco near you, they carry (at least in my area) a premium transhydraulic fluid that meets the Ford spec. Most of these fluids are in the range of $65 to $90 for a 5 gallon pail. You might want to consider replacing the hydraulic filter also.
I did find a brand at Tractor Supply that did meet the Ford New Holland spec M2C 134 ABCD for 60.00 five gals. So ready to go with new filter and oil / fluid The tractor has 1566hr on it and I believe changing the fluid is about 1200 hr Thanks for the help

/ New to me Ford 2810
Anyone have a front end loader for sale that would fit this ford 2810 tractor?