Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,721  
Drew, I replaced the tank sensors with See Level sensors. They give very accurate info.

Ron, my existing tank monitor is part of main panel and custom, no pull out and replace easily. Exterior sensors make great sense.
black water readout says I'm FOS
only partially...
I actually need to fill it all the way up, then dose it with a lot of detergent chemicals tonight, then tomorrow when I pump out maybe the existing sensors will work better. Being internal, doomed to fail.

I'll have my master rv mechanic Popgadget eyeball the situation next time I see him.
I love gauges, the more the merrier
but they have to be accurate or what is the point...

sitting here in bare feet with little electric heater blowing warm air across the floor.
second cup of coffee.
life is good

/ Good morning!!!! #170,723  
really is kind of amazing I can sit here in the middle of nowhere in the woods of Upper Bucks County and get fairly fast internet service.
we sure do take it for granted, and feel disconnected, perhaps even a little emotionally when cut off.
lot of demands on our time. Not having kids, I have it lucky in some ways. I can be a good uncle and then go home to peace and privacy.

I marvel at what Frits and Kyle and most of you have gone through
raising kids. I had three kids for three years if you remember.
Kids were wonderful, wife was a truly bad mistake, mea culpa, still in shock from first divorce. But for three years I was a very good stepfather to those kids, and sorry for repeating myself, but I never once was backtalked or disrespected by those kids. Not once.

Frits, were you ever backtalked by your kids? told to pound sand?
you must have enormous patience, as does your wife.
I never was, but then I guess I was kind of a white knight going into a problemed family. Those kids were just looking for love and I had plenty to give. It's been no contact for a long, long time.
they are my biggest regret.

living alone is incredibly different than being married.
but I've used up my at bats.
Ex wives are happy, even still friends.
I married a nurse, and then spent 7 years nursing her.
even the most wonderful of cookies can crumble.

50 degrees, time to get moving. I'm off in search of the dump area
and the local waterways. first a left over fruit tart with the rest of my coffee.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,724  
Drew welded in longer tongue on utility trailer for MH.
Much easier to back up and no jack
knifing
thanks
never was a problem with the car, thankfully.
I need to eyeball it again.
lot of head shaking going by that puncture wound on rear of rv.
not going to rain so no rush to fix it
but fix it I will. Fiberglass is about a sixteenth thick, not much to it, bonded to some core. Made quite a crunchy noise. An oh no that will cost you kind of crunch noise, even worse than a turn signal lens.

I actually thought about filling in the crack with super glue initially to seal it.
I could use duct tape, maybe with one big bandaid on it

what I really want is a bumper.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,725  
Good Morning!!!! 60F @ 4:15AM. Sunny. High 84F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

I was just thinking to myself, Don, that I hadn't noticed any of your "find the thing in the photo" photos for a while. And now that you've posted a new one, I still can't find the thing, not even in the close up.😳🤭

Now that you've put the first scratch in your new-to-you motor home, Drew, you can relax.

That lift looks pretty safe, RS. I know the errant raccoons deserve what they get, but I'm not fond of seeing the results here on GM. Just sayin.🤭

Got the really steep parts of the upper meadow weed eated yesterday morning, then moved down to the back yard. Got into some lush grass about two feet high and the bump head on the trimmer came apart. Big mess of tangled string, but I got it sorted out and put it back together, only to have it happen again. This time, though, I didn't get all the parts back, and since it was lunch time, decided that was enough for the day.

Town run went OK except for one tragedy: BevMo was out of Shiner Bock, and the gal said they no longer stock it.😳😩 Lord knows I tried to make it worth their while, and shelf space, but I guess it's like shoveling sand against the tide in the face of all the hoppy IPA madness going on. Never liked BevMos prices, anyway.

Speaking of prices, got an offer back from the van dealer, offering $1500 off MSRP, which included a $1000 kickback from their bank if I use their financing. Told them I'll think about it, and will counter asking for another $1K off. It's a close fit for my needs, but not perfect, especially the part about having to wait ten weeks and drive 800 miles to pick it up. So we'll see.

Snagged a ready to bake pizza at the grocery store, fired up the BBQ and 1/2" thick steel pizza plate, and enjoyed a nice crispy crust for a change. That was after I got the zebra bike packed for the camping trip this weekend, and now that the trimmer's broken, decided to leave a day early. That way I'll not feel as bad leaving to come home a day early either. Three nights camping is more than enough, and I'll miss the Memorial Day traffic that way.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,727  
Good morning. colder windy 50 going to 69 today

The help from daughter yesterday was much appreciated. Poles are in and big field mowed. She said she had grass in places where it should not be with clippings blowing all over.

Other daughter arrived in Parish to the usual traffic chaos and room not ready and people smoking in your face. Company credit card denied for suspected fraud so sent some on PayPall to help out

Wife's Dr appointment yesterday the methotrexate med was upped some. Not a good med but no choice

Drew, glad you are enjoying life camping

Still waiting for the brake fluid to flush brakes on the RTV

Plan to mow grass around the house today and who knows what else??

/ Good morning!!!! #170,728  
Morning all, 52 going up to 70, talk about weather fluctuations +/- 10 degrees
Got some more salvias panted that wife bought.
Otherwise busy at day job.

Dog is still not feeling well so off to vets later today.

Be well,
20230524_174438.jpg

20230524_175749.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #170,729  
Don, I see spots in your pic. Looks like what I jumped out last week.
55°, sunny and breezy. Will be cooler today.
It was a little warm in the sun yesterday, but an excellent day. I didn’t get a picture of the alpacas, they are so cute. And Zoe is huge.

Dad said the bolts holding the gearbox on rotory mower are loose again. Gotta take stump jumper off to get a wrench on them. Gotta loctite them this time. He said he’d wait for me to come, but I wasn’t planning to go for a week. I wonder if I can find a 6 or 7 foot flail anywhere right now. He’s using my old 5 ft mower.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,730  
nice peonies Ken
first the ants
then the flowers
always had to stake mine in some way

Dennis, any way to provide a safer alternative for your Dad?
just thinking out loud. He's familiar with the controls for sure.
have to think if he's in that tractor seat he's in the saddle again
does he have ROPS and a seat belt?

I'm off to find that Farmall H we saw earlier